Thursday, September 21, 2006

A Big Zoltar

So I was distracting myself for a minute at work (had to take a mind-numbing break or my head was going to explode!) and so I was checking out my space. MySpace usually has some freakin crazy banners--my favorite is the race to out-knit Sadaam. (I wonder if he crochets?)

Anyway, I saw this banner today and had a good laugh:

Anyone who has seen the movie Big knows what the Zoltar is. Tom Hanks' big break? One of the only VHS movies we, being a young and poor family, owned? Yes, Big was big in 1988.

Here's my question. I do marketing for a living. I know how expensive it is to advertise on MySpace. So, is this the best place for a Zoltar banner? Is the phantom advertiser behind the Zoltar game banner really getting a good bang for their buck for a site whose core demographic is 12-17 year olds?

If I didn't know what a Zoltar was (a fortune-telling machine from a classic movie), I'd think this was an onlooker from the great Mid-Eastern Knit-Off.

No comments:

Definitely, maybe, probaby related posts:

If NatA! posted a photo with this blog, here it is!