Friday, December 15, 2006

the ending of a tyrannical reign

Alternate title: A Tale of Two Donuts - The Finale

You can trace my donut fascination back to 15 days ago on my first trip to the DMV. My 15-day registered car is now expired and I'm back again hoping to settle the score. Not JUST to get my car registered, but also to lay this donut obsession to rest.

The DMV had some kind of voodoo magic 15 days ago, casting an iron-clad hold on my heart and stomach. I'm hoping the experience of bored waiting, cranky people and grossly overpaid registration fees will release me from the clutches of the chocolate-raised donuts' ways. She must be angry that I slipped in and out of her waiting room 15 days ago in relative anonymity and in less than 15 minutes.

If anything, I've decided 15 is a cursed number. Why? Have you SEEN all the 15's in this blog? The kicker is this: the donut count on my whiteboard is 13. Not a 15, but about to be one. Two chocolate-raised donuts are on the docket as soon as I get through this eternal waiting. Two chocolate-raised donuts started this waltz of one, and two will lay it to rest.

It's like Maria always said: "Let's start at the very beginning, a very good place to start." This is the last plan of action I have.

No one likes to dance alone.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done, NatNat, well done. Perfectly poised hyphens, modifiers, and best of all, GUSTO.

We're all supporting you in this brave endeavor!

NatAttack said...

A high compliment from someone PAID to write correct hyphens and modifiers. Actually, it terrifies me that I have three legit copywriters reading my blog. You've alleviated some of my blogging stress now Erica, cheers.

Unknown said...

I can't believe that I'm commenting on a blog of someone I don't know. I just need to say that 15 is my favorite number, so I needed to defend it a bit.

Definitely, maybe, probaby related posts:

If NatA! posted a photo with this blog, here it is!