Tuesday, December 12, 2006

What's Updog?

Remember that episode of The Office with updog? Last week, my coworker David and I tried to see if the verbal joke converted to a written-IM-based one. We were slim-to-none better than successful.

Case in point:

Nat says:
It smells like updog in here.

stephen says:
did you take a shower today?
Nat says:
Boo. You ruined the game.

stephen says:
huh?
stephen says:
updog
Nat says:
what's updog?

Nat says:
that's what you're supposed to say.

stephen says:
ah, what's updog?
stephen says:
(thought it was a typo)
Nat says:
no, no no. we're just playing a silly game.

stephen says:
oh. please forgive my stupidity
Nat says:
actually, it's probably a smarter thing.


Kudos Stephen, for being smarter than the average bear. Mostly all of the reactions were similar to this save one or two suckers.

3 comments:

Minnesota Fan said...

My favorite was "Updog? What's that?" I think that may have been in the original episode, to which Michael Scott replied, "Not much, what's up with you?" Classic.

Unknown said...

I feel impressed to say that like Stephen, I completely missed the joke. When David asked me, I thought he was asking about the Yoga move--updog, downdog, etc.

Anonymous said...

priceless.

Definitely, maybe, probaby related posts:

If NatA! posted a photo with this blog, here it is!