Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Taking it Back to the Old School

I hate the Internet. As much as I rant and rave about it, without fail it let's me down when I need it the most.

Like today. Dressed in my interview suit and on my way out the door, the Internet gives up the ghost and refuses to work. Nevermind the fact my signal strength is "excellent." Curse you Internet, you are any thing but excellent and I don't have MapQuested directions to my 4:00 interview.

Panic begins to set in until I realize I actually own a map. And not just any map, but a Metro Boston and suburbs street by street map. I will navigate my own way to Interview #46.

And navigate I did.

The Internet is a crutch I willingly, obsessively, compulsively, and consistently use for life's simplest tasks. However, in the face of my own panicky, anxiety-laden almost-meltdown, it's nice to know I have non-cyber skills still guiding my life.

Take that you crappy Internet.
---------
In case you're interested, this is the route I navigated with my old school skills.

1 comment:

Lindsay Jane said...

Good to know that a good old fashion map works and that you can still read one. If it does not tell me to turn left or right I am screwed.

Definitely, maybe, probaby related posts:

If NatA! posted a photo with this blog, here it is!