Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Emoti-con

Happy Birthday Emoticon! MSN taught me that twenty-five years ago today, you were born. The world hasn't been quite the same since.

Technically, you're two months and twenty days older than I am.

Without doubt, you're more popular than I am--there's no contest there. Please don't think I feel badly about myself, I mean, I do have some clout on the World Wide Web. Not much, but enough to make me somewhat of an international blogging sensation. Or at least read in some places international.

You may not know me emoticon, but I know you. And frankly, I'm not your biggest fan. In fact, I've blogged about you before. Even my friends have blogged about my vocal disdain for your electronic antics. Now emoticon, I know you serve your purpose. I won't lie; I still use you sometimes for clarificative purposes. But I'm trying to cut back. Sometimes, the urge to pop a combination of punctuation at the end of a statement on gChat or email is strong--I clench my fists and talk myself off the ledge. Use your words Nat, use your words, I mentally tell myself.

Emoticon. Happy 25th fake birthday. Those of us in the know are in on your little secret. So quit lying about your age: I'm pretty sure Romans, Numbers, Psalms, Job, and many other Biblical books have been around a lot longer than 25 years.

So you may be more popular than I am, but at least I'm not a liar. Wink.

5 comments:

ju said...

i have to get them out...

:)
;)
:(
:'(
:-)
B)
:P
B-)
B-(
;D
:D
:-D
:C)
:C(
:I
:-I
:/
:X

ok. i don't think i'll ever have to use one again.

NatAttack said...

I just died a little inside.

Rachel Eve said...

hahahha you are hilarious. :-D

Oh emoticon. Happy birthday!

Breona said...

That there is funny.. I wonder how old the abrevecon is? LOL.because OMG that one is a POC too. :p

Whits said...

:D

Definitely, maybe, probaby related posts:

If NatA! posted a photo with this blog, here it is!