Thursday, July 27, 2006

Blind Date with a Baby

For everyone’s enjoyment: a recap of my blind date:

Our new roommate Heather is a waitress at Mimi's Cafe. Last week, a boy left his phone number. Long story short--they were going to go out. In an effort to help Heath feel a little more comfortable, and to satisfy my questionable hope that someday a blind date will in fact be fun, I agreed to go on the date as well.

Yes. This is EXACTLY what my blind date looked like. You may recognize this boy from that hit show, “So You Think You Can Dance?” His name was Jaymz and he got voted off. (Yes, the spelling is beyond my comprehension as well.)

My blind date wasn’t exactly with Jaymz, but a baby named Jordan. That’s right. A BABY. We never exchanged ages exactly, but he got home from his mission in December and he’s best friends with my Nici's much younger brother. (Small world, I know seeing as she wasn’t involved in the setup at all.)

The date wasn’t a bust, it was actually rather fun… Jaymz/Jordan helped us smoke everyone in fooseball and pool—but I think we both knew our age difference was a little hard to overcome. Especially for me… because he still lives at home… has one semester of college done… and probably graduated from high school in 2003. He probably doesn’t even remember the 80’s. I also found it a little hard to look past his tight, trendy muscle v-necked shirt. That’s right. A v-neck.

That’s the last time I let myself get setup with a stranger the person doing the setting up doesn’t even know. I felt old! But hope springs eternal… right?

No comments:

Definitely, maybe, probaby related posts:

If NatA! posted a photo with this blog, here it is!