Friday, May 19, 2006

A la biblioteca

Last night I had a few minutes to spare before I headed to my g-parents so I checked out the new-ish library downtown. Holy heck, it's fabulously beautiful! I've been frequenting the offshoot branch two blocks from my house but hadn't been to the hub of general Utahn library activity. The building is mostly glass and has little shops and foodstands and comfy reading areas. I was only sorry I couldn't stay longer. On the other hand, it's typically a good thing I don't go to the library for more than 15 minutes--because I'd leave with the place on my back. I'm usually loaded down like a pack mule anyway. Despite the fact I have 16 books at home that need to go back to the library, I also checked out:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
A Tale of Two Cities - Charles Dickens

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Where We Once Belonged - Sia Figiel

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The Great Gatsby - F. Scott Fitzgerald

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The Knight of Maison-Rouge: a novel of Marie Antoinette - Alexander Dumas

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The Virgin Blue - Tracy Chevalier

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Without Fail - Lee Child

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Falling Angels - Tracy Chevailer

And for my own personal point of remembrance, these books are all due June 14. I've been better about returning books on time (or renewing them online), but it's not uncommon for me to have $15-20 in late fines. An expensive hobby no doubt...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They said it's the best of books, i say it was the worst of books.

Sarah said...

Hey Natalie! I stumbled across your blog when you left a comment on Alicia's! I'm glad to see you reading your heart away. I'm going to join the library's adult reading program because they enter you in all these drawings for every book you read. Although I don't read nearly as much as you! Anyway, now I will get to check in on you from time to time!

Alaina said...

Did you read the Virgin Blue? What did you think? I think I read it a few summers ago.

Definitely, maybe, probaby related posts:

If NatA! posted a photo with this blog, here it is!