Saturday, October 18, 2008

Spontaneous

Last Saturday I woke up and felt like an adventure. Weather across New England broke unseasonably warm and I knew I had to get out and about. The still unpacked (from a 9/1 move) pins could hold another week, so Katie and I jumped in the car and headed north to Maine.

Why on earth there's a Costa Vida in Portland, Maine is beyond me. Last year we made the same trek to partake of the Western "Mexican" goodness. I'm a Costa Vida evangelist--in fact, I get random texts about once a month from friends all over the place telling me they're at a Costa and thinking about me. (Like I always say, it's nice to be predictable.)









The drive was gorgeous as the leaves were at their peak. Pictures wouldn't do the festival of fall justice--which is good, because there are not photos to be had. Also in Maine are outlet malls. Quite a few. And of course we maybe spent the rest of the afternoon in beautiful Freeport, ME with 65 degree weather; a picturesque town, a fabulous companion, and hours of doing whatever we felt like. +1 for being single. +1 for having a good solid job. +1 for living in the Eastern time zone.

3 comments:

kendall said...

You look so pretty, Nat! And I love the update on your obsessions, NPH. Did you watch dr. horrible yet??

Alaina said...

LOVE the trunk picture! Classic.

You do look gorgeous.

Jan said...

I always think of you at Cosa Vida! I love the pic of you from the back. It screams "this is my kind of town"! The trunk full of bags proves my point!!!!! love you!

Definitely, maybe, probaby related posts:

If NatA! posted a photo with this blog, here it is!