I have a few things I'd like to tell you about tonight. We could call this a brain dump, but habitually I spill the anything and everything I can think of--these points are only a portion of my happenings, but they're hand-selected. I've got to have some mystery, right? BLACKBRIAR.
- I'm participating in "Hard of Hearing/Visually Impaired" study next week. Every once in awhile I'll sign up for studies on craigslist--this one is $100 for an hour. I was worried I wouldn't be disabled enough to qualify but they seem to think I am. Think I'll get $200 for being both?
- I have a Netflix account and it is all kinds of messed up. I'm supposed to get three discs at a time; I now have five. My first extra disc is a BIG mistake--a "coming-of-age" tale between two crew buddies. Definitely not something I put in my queue. It was quite the shock when I read the description on the disc sleeve.
- The parking in front of my house is pretty nuts. We have four cars and various visitors and neighbors with cars, and it's kind of mayhem. The cool part however, is that no one (residents, pedestrians, cops, robbers, Indians, trash collectors, equestrians, or the disabled) cares which direction you park your car. I've grown so accustomed to parking the opposite way (directly facing oncoming traffic) that I can't remember which way is which at a snap.
- SO I got a new job. It's very similar to what I did before Dunder-Mifflin, but. But but but. The company is based in Portland. I'll be trained in Portland and travel several times a year to events and status with the production teams. How sweet is that? Paid to travel home without a) paying for flights or b) taking off the time. I'll spend 10 days to 2 weeks in Portland later next month. I can't wait!
- Dear UTah friends--I'm finally coming back! It's been more than a year, but I'll be in town Sunday April 27 to Tuesday May 5. Let's play. If you can't get ahold of me, check the dollar movies or Costa Vida.
- I went to the gym tonight for the first time since the leg break. Funny, it's been three months to the day. 3.5 miles. "Not too bad," my brain thinks. "I respectfully disagree," my innards replied. "We're not used to jolting compact." Suffice it to say, once the tread came to a stop I had to make an immediate beeline for the bathroom.
- My leg does surprisingly well, but it does stiffen up after a lot of movement. The ghetto walk is in full display after a lot of motion. I kind of like the street cred it gives me.
- Can we all just agree that 30 Rock is a better show than The Office? Hil.ar.ious. I was watching it at the gym tonight and no doubt looked ridiculous snapping when something cracked me up. But really. Oh so funny. Remember. Tracy Jordan doesn't want you to vote.
Well, I'm supposed to be
moving piles from one surface to another cleaning up my room right now. Instead, I went to the gym(!), made some cheese crisps, and am blogging! This is definitely a new hierarchy. The gym?! Before anything else?! A little part of me just died inside I think--proof that people can change.