Saturday, December 05, 2009

La Dia de Gracias

Last Thanksgiving, it was Sicily, Italy by day, cruise ship by night. This Thanksgiving, it was Buenos Aires, Argentina by day, Mexico City by night. Hot, humid, and festive!

Contemplating the homeland:
The pilgrims and indians still getting along (even after eight days of 24/7 togetherness):
While you were carving a turkey, we dined on all-you-can eat Argentinian beef:
The Pilgrims landed on Plymouth Rock in 1620. This conquistador discovered this flag in 2009:
An armed guard at La Casa Rosada. Yes, the President lives in The Pink House (translated).
The best we could do of us and La Casa Rosada:We spent quite awhile listing the five things we were most grateful for this year. A few tears may or may not have been shed--but it may have been due to the high carbonation in the Coca Light or Fanta we were drinking... but most likely not. The things I'm most thankful for this year:
  1. My job; the challenge and the learning and the fact I'm getting better
  2. Modern technology (nerd alert!)
  3. The way I've learned to love myself this year (which I feel is directly related to...)
  4. The Temple
  5. The people in my life--both family and friends
I hope you each had good food, good company, and a good time reflecting on how much we each have to be thankful for. Until next year!

1 comment:

Jan said...

This year I was thankful for your dad. He was thankful for being older and the wisdom that brings. Anyone else want to share?

Definitely, maybe, probaby related posts:

If NatA! posted a photo with this blog, here it is!