Sunday, May 02, 2010

Day 29

Today is Sunday and our Relief Society lesson today was all about decision making. As a quiet sidebar conversation, Brenda and I mentioned how interesting it is to be fairly set as far as some of the big decisions go--careers, places to live, roommates, etc. I know what it's like to feel burdened by big decisions but I'm at a happy place where sometimes my hardest decision is what to wear or where to eat for dinner. (I'm so complicated you guys.)

Hopes, dreams and plans for the next 365 days


The lesson continued, and we were asked to gather into groups to discuss different quotes from conference talks. We were assigned a snippet of the talk "...Preparing for the Decade of Decision" by Elder Robert D. Hales.

Long story short, there's much we can be doing in ACTIVE pursuit of decisions. Deciding to make (important) decisions if you will. My favorite pointers from the talk:
  • Now is the time to become a disciple of Jesus Christ, which means accepting His invitation to “come, follow me.
  • Now is the time to organize and prepare ourselves to have the Holy Ghost as our constant companion.
  • Now is the time to prepare for training, education, and an occupation.
  • Now is the time to obey.
  • Now is the time to use our time properly.
  • Now is the time to safeguard your birthright.
I'm halfway between twenty-seven and twenty-eight years old. My sojourn in the "decade of decision" has an expiration date in sight. I'm pleased that I've laid the foundation for this incredible life that I live by working hard and doing my best to be a good person and disciple of Christ. Sure, there are hopes and plans and dreams I have for the next year--but there's a difference between planning to go to Panama and planning to fall in love. Instead of getting hung up on factors out of my control (seriously dudes, a girl should not love sports and food this much) and make plans within my control.

I'll decide to work on Elder Hales bullet points above because this makes for a good Sunday post and you've already heard about my hopes and dreams regarding all things Skittles and Diet Coke. But boy oh boy do I hope to get some more of those things in the next 365. In fact, I'll plan on it.

No comments:

Definitely, maybe, probaby related posts:

If NatA! posted a photo with this blog, here it is!