Hopes, dreams and plans for the next 365 days
The lesson continued, and we were asked to gather into groups to discuss different quotes from conference talks. We were assigned a snippet of the talk "...Preparing for the Decade of Decision" by Elder Robert D. Hales.
Long story short, there's much we can be doing in ACTIVE pursuit of decisions. Deciding to make (important) decisions if you will. My favorite pointers from the talk:
- Now is the time to become a disciple of Jesus Christ, which means accepting His invitation to “come, follow me.
- Now is the time to organize and prepare ourselves to have the Holy Ghost as our constant companion.
- Now is the time to prepare for training, education, and an occupation.
- Now is the time to obey.
- Now is the time to use our time properly.
- Now is the time to safeguard your birthright.
I'll decide to work on Elder Hales bullet points above because this makes for a good Sunday post and you've already heard about my hopes and dreams regarding all things Skittles and Diet Coke. But boy oh boy do I hope to get some more of those things in the next 365. In fact, I'll plan on it.