Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Nearly Scared to Death

Last night my heart nearly gave out on me. I have extremely low blood pressure--any kind of fluxuation in adrenaline, exercise, or general heart palpatation starts my heart racing at breakneck speed.

So I woke up in the middle of the night needing to use the facilities. Already disoriented because I never wake up mid-sleep, I finished my business when I looked outside and noticed how bright the moon was. Finding a perfect photo opportunity (gotta love "free" digital film), I padded sleepily back to my room for my camera.

The window was open about six inches--the perfect height for my digital to sit on the ledge. I disabled the flash, because I wanted the natural light of the moon to be the focus of the picture. I was so intent on the focus of the picture that I didn't hear the approach.

"Hey. What are you doing?" came the loudest voice you ever heard at half-awake at 2 in the morning.

My heart skipped a beat--I swear I stroked a little.

I don't remember much about the interchange Krista and I shared half-in, half-out of the bathroom at 2 in the morning last night--but I do remember I was trying to keep my heart from full on cardiac arrest. I distinctly remember for one brief moment being so shaken up that I could have started bawling. Luckily, I didn't.

I let her in the back door (she'd been locked out and was going to climb through the bathroom window) without saying a word, glided wordlessly to my room, closed the door, and just stood there. Hello anxiety.

Here's the picture that almost cost me my life:

This photo almost cost me my life!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahahahah i LOVE IT.

maWeesa said...

ah... this story is a good one.. krista does seem like the kind that would kill you in the middle of the night.. you better watch out for her

Andrew said...

i would say it was worth it. krista is spooky.

Definitely, maybe, probaby related posts:

If NatA! posted a photo with this blog, here it is!