Monday, June 26, 2006

Rollin on the River


This weekend, Melissa, Nici, and I went to Star Valley, Wyoming with seven guys. The main event of the weekend was rafting the Snake River. This picture is before our rafting adventure--and right after I lost my legs below the knee in the war.

We didn't have time to run the river again (sissy boys who needed to eat outvoted us) so after our meal in the classic Red, White, and Blue Cafe we took our raft to the lake close by. I actually swam! Me? Water?! Yeah, I'm a little shocked too. Don't think this is me carrying the raft into the water, that's Mel. Would that my legs looked like that. But don't forget, I lost them in the war.

This picture of Mel and I is a little bit of a miracle. Though it looks calm and peaceful, we were sitting in the back of Russ's truck on top of a partially deflated raft bouncing like a birthday-party jumping-castle-thing. (Does anyone know what those things are called?) This is about how great I looked the whole trip.

One of my favorite parts of the trip was when my sister texted me and told me my Grandpa had asked if this trip to Wyoming was considered "hanging out." (He's been reading Oaks in the Ensign.)

Other highlights of the trip:

  • "How much does that cost?"
  • The "Manliest-Man" Competition
  • Harry Potter wands
  • Singing/screaming "It's All Coming Back" by Celine on the drive up
  • The most amazing card trick in the world!
  • Steamroller
  • The 4 life steps necessary in the 20-30 age decade

Am I missing any?

2 comments:

maWeesa said...

ya.. I LOVE the post.. just think in three weeks after vegASS I'm sure you'll be able to do another fun one.. last weekend was amazing.. that's all i have to say about that..

maWeesa said...

BTW... we do look pretty good in these pics and the kenny ones... WOW.. we're hot

Definitely, maybe, probaby related posts:

If NatA! posted a photo with this blog, here it is!