Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Guilty Shame

Last night, we celebrated the fact we went to Ward Temple Night with a treat and a movie. We thawed cookie dough from the freezer and RedBoxed "High School Musical." HSM premiered on the Disney Channel on January 8th to 7.7 million viewers--the highest in Disney Channel history as it totally and completely targeted the tweener crowd. The soundtrack has spent an unexpected 23 weeks on the Billboard Album chart; it's still at No. 4 on the list!


In the Disney Channel's original movie High School Musical, the star basketball player and a brainy new arrival discover their love of singing at a karaoke night, then try out for the school musical and challenge the status quo of their cliques in the process. The acting is exceptionally cheesy and the song lyrics cheesier, but the movie is still a good time. If I were still a 12-year-old girl, this would be the best movie that ever happened to my life. And that Joey/Matthew Lawrence look-alike is so dreamy!

The acting was so terrible in this movie, I'm surprised we all made it through the whole thing! Talk about a true guilty pleasure. My favorite dance/song number was in the cafeteria; but the basketball rap/pop dance routine was pretty sweet. The DVD has special "making of" features and the option to turn on the "Sing Along" function. Michele and I were giggling as we sang such classy songs as, "Start of Something New," "Breaking Free," "We're All in this Together," and "Bop to the Top."

Should I be embarrassed?

1 comment:

kendall said...

ohhh high school musical. my favorite song is the one they try out for the musical. I can't remember the name, but oh how I remember the do do doots.

Definitely, maybe, probaby related posts:

If NatA! posted a photo with this blog, here it is!