Thursday, September 21, 2006

Adrienne Sage

Well, my sister thought for sure her baby was never coming... but like all good things (books on rainy days, tv on dvd, skittles) she finally came. I'm an aunt for the first time!

The first Wms' grandchild (and only one for the long future) Adrienne Sage was born Sunday night at a whopping 8 pounds 10 ounces. Kendall and I went to the hospital on Monday night to meet our new niece, and she's pretty cute...

(Blogger is being a pain and not letting me upload a photo. Yes, a photo. I'm not an over-obsessive aunt yet.)

Don't worry, blogs about babies aren't very entertaining. And neither is this video! Adrie slept 90% of the time we were there as she actually refused to wake up. I think I was in shock about Alaina actually having a baby, so my usually witty commentary is completely gone on this clip:



I've saved this pearl for the end to reward those readers who actually care enough about my niece, or babies in general, to have continued reading. Kendall could not stop giggling when she was holding Adrie. Truly! I'm not quite sure why... (Kenny, you have an excuse?) but like me, her whole body shakes when she's trying not to laugh outright. I finally told her that shaking babies is against the law... and asked her if she'd ever heard of Shaken Baby Syndrome.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I actually studied some of those symptoms in my systemic anatomy class. It's been a while, but if i remember correctly i think it has something to do with aching ovaries, although some women attribute it to the uterus. Then again, it could be speculation. I definately don't have any experience with it.

NatAttack said...

Here go my amazing powers of deductive logic:

a) You know way more than I do about "southern female health issues"
b) You're a man
c) Your vocabulary far surpasses mine, as I have not a CLUE what saggital means, but I'm slightly immature enough to think it sounds funny
d) I have no idea who you are but thanks for coming! Feel free to stay awhile.

Anonymous said...

Hey Natalie, the saggital suture is the name of a big wrinkle on the brain. I never heard anything about those symptoms in MY systemic anatomy class, but i have heard my sister say that her uterus hurts when she sees a cute baby and wants her own. I don't have any experience with it either though. Who was that guy anyways?

kendall said...

uh i don't know how i can add to this, but I WAS ONLY TRYING TO WAKE HER UP. and trying not to laugh. those two things are bad at the same time, don't judge me? i think saggital is the most confusing word in the world. TWO G's?! who knew.

Anonymous said...

HmmmmI stumbled on to you trying to figure out how to sign up for the 6k cold turkey trot............Natattack couldn't be coincidental! love you! love Kendall! love Adrie!
---getting outta da mom jeans

Definitely, maybe, probaby related posts:

If NatA! posted a photo with this blog, here it is!