Monday, September 25, 2006

Handel's Hallelujah

When Handel wrote the "Hallelujah" chorus for The Messiah, I'd wager that he didn't have the Salt Lake City Public Library in mind.

Mind you, while I was humming my Hallelujah refrains, I was.

Was there someone looking down from Heaven, smiling at me last week?

Week seven of books overdue, and a $42.53 fine for overdue books.

Books, I enjoyed and held on to much longer than I should have--I never remember to turn them in.

In a panic, I returned my books in last week dreading the fines I'd have to pay.

Pay?! Ha! It was "Amnesty Week" at the library (unbeknownst to me) and all my fines were waived.

Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Ha-lle-lu-----j--a----h----!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy freak....40 bucks in overdue library fees?

I'm going to have to confiscate that.

And there's no need to blaspheme my praise chorus.

NatAttack said...

I had 15 books! Daily fees add up fast... and talk about blasphemer...

Definitely, maybe, probaby related posts:

If NatA! posted a photo with this blog, here it is!