So now, it's time for me to talk about the Biggest Loser in a forum that is technically supposed to be for me, and me alone. And since my Tuesday night viewings of TBL are with me, and me alone, I feel justified in brain dumping Biggest Loser style.
The following probably won't make any sense to any of you. But I'll snicker nonetheless.
- Watching other people work out makes me tired. It also screws with my mind because it makes me feel involved. Sitting on my bed eating cheese and crackers in no way constitutes working out.
- I can not stand any of the women left on the Black team. Hollie is morose, Julie is animatedly expressive, and Isabeau is conniving.
- What kind of name is Isabeau anyway?
- My new favorite player is Nicole. She works hard, she's upbeat, and she chipped her front teeth out diving into the pool. And still laughed about it.
- Last night Neil shed the 3's and entered the 2's. Crazy for a guy who started the show at 420 pounds.
- My favorite part of the show is at the end when they show the eliminated contestant today--most of them have lost 80-120 pounds and they look amazing! I pretty much tear up every time.
- Last week were makeovers and surprise family visits. I definitely cried a lot last week.
- TBL has the most blatant product placements I've ever witnessed on prime time television. It wouldn't bother me so much if they didn't try to act like they were discussing the product in normal conversation--it sounds so phony and forced. Argh.
- Several of the contestants are closing in on my own weight. That's starting to make me a little nervous...
- Every week I wonder how the heck they fill 2 hours of showtime. It drives me a little crazy. It's a good thing I have a black belt in DVR fast-forwarding.
- Did you know I knew someone who was on TBL? A gal I worked with in Oregon and her fiancee were on a special engaged-couples edition. It was craaaaaazy to hear the behind-the-scenes information.
Did I really just write an entire blog about The Biggest Loser? Sure did! I'm glad it's out of my system. Phew. Now I can get back to my regularly scheduled blogging.