This was started as another "100 Things about Nat" but split duties with getting-to-know you facts and a brain dump. And I didn't quite make it to a hundred.
1. If people don't know or forget my name, 99 out of a 100 times, they'll call me Lindsey.
2. I order off a kids menu any time I can.
3. I own a queen bed but always sleep on the outside edge straight up and down. I do just fine on a cot.
4. Last year I went without an AC unit in my room. I owned one, just never got around to putting it up. I considered myself a warrior.
5. Now that Dad (on his trip out here last week) installed my unit, I realize I was just an idiot.
6. I don't care what the extra electricity charges will be this summer, I'll gladly pay them to ward off the humidity.
7. I'm always surprised by humidity--it must be my growing up in Phoenix, but the first few humid days of the summer I'll find myself having an "a-ha!" moment.
8. I thought The Dark Knight opened this month. How sad to just realize it doesn't open until July 18
9. I spent five hours yesterday cleaning up and gutting out the non-clothes-related areas of my room. I was beyond overwhelmed to start but am pleased with the end results.
10. If I ever get married, I have some pretty sweet gadgets to bring to the table.
11. My office kitchen is so fully stocked at work that I eat both breakfast and lunch there. My grocery money is in surplus.
12. Too bad it's going to pay for gas.
13. I might drive a Ford Focus sedan, but man do I love that car. Especially since my dad went to work on the interior; you should see that thing shine!
14. I have a nasty habit of going through the motions of laundry, only to leave it sitting in the dryer as I've moved on to other things.
15. When I curl-curl my hair, I always start from the bottom and work to the top, using a claw to hold back the still straight hair.
16. I have always done make-up before hair. (Alaina does it the other way around; I think its how we survived sharing a hair dryer growing up.)
17. Oh how I wish I had carpet in my bedroom; hard-wood is shiny (sometimes) and looks nice (sometimes), but nothing screams bedroom! to me like a nice plush carpet.
18. There are a few things ingrained in my being that are borne from being a Westerner--carpet in bedrooms being one, owning a car the other key must.
19. I'm PMing (project managing) two really exciting site redesigns at work; I can't really discuss what they are in the blogosphere due to non-disclosure acts, but trust me when I say they're big and exciting.
20. I worked a lot last week; and I didn't really mind it. My social life is on a bit of a hold for awhile while I get my career life under control.
21. If you aren't using brushes for your eye makeup, start. Target makes some really nice generic brushes ($2) that will change the look and feel of your shadows. If you can't afford pricier makeup, start here; you'll be impressed.
22. My hair might be the longest it's ever been. If you met me after 2005, I bet you didn't know that I had short hair my entire life.
23. I have a long face and an even longer neck; when my hair hits shoulder length, it's already a foot long. I imagine a strand of my lower-back-length hair is approximately 8 ft. long.
24. I've been spending so much time at work (and actually working while I'm at work) that I have no desire to fire up my laptop when I get home. This is why I've been a bad blog commenter. I'm sorry.
25. Today is my half birthday. Now I'm on the downhill to 26. This makes me a teensy bit nervous; only because 26 sounds so old and I still feel like I should be 19.
26. At 19, if I could have seen where my life would be at 25, I think I'd be proud. And excited.
27. Both my parents are left-handed. All four of us girls are righties. For some reason, this is a statistic I mark in my head as beyond explanation.
28. Each week, a Rolling Stone or ESPN Magazine comes in the mail. It's always one or the other, but never both.
29. I think you'd be quite surprised how much I know about the NBA and other sports in general. I can definitely out-geek anyone I know.
30. Case in point? Last night I watched the half-time show and the entire second half of a game I already attended. I like hearing the commentary.
31. I own four curling irons (2", 1", 1/2", 1" without a clamp), and three sets of curlers (velvet, spiked, sponge). These are not the cool gadgets included in my dowry.
32. Lately, when I get dressed in the morning for my VIP job, I try to piece an outfit together that looks like it could be in a magazine. Shoe selection keeps me from a 100% success rate.
33. Did you know I'm not allowed to buy cotton? This is a rule I self-imposed six months ago, and I've stuck to it.
34. I own four board games. Connect Four, In a Pickle, Cranium Pop Culture, and a PG13 game given as a birthday present (living under the bed) that I can't quite get rid of.
35. So You Think You Can Dance is back on, and I couldn't be happier. I'm also happy with the number of people I know who watch (including the other gal at my office).
36. I like watching TV alone.
37. But I love recapping with other viewers (or reading commentaries) after the show.
38. I don't think I'm as interesting as I used to be; this list is taking me a long time to write.
39. I found the notes/outline I used to give a talk in February 07 yesterday while I was cleaning out my room. One of the quotes set the stage for a great Sunday service today; huzzah. (Someone I met at a party last month referenced this talk I gave oh so long ago. Holy memory!)
40. I've worn some super tall shoes to social and church events lately. If I'm going to be tall, I might as well go big or go home, right?
41. I hate feather pillows. My mom knows this and makes sure to put out different pillows when I come home. I love that.
42. I'm the worst Brick Breaker player in the world. I was obsessed for about a week and then realized how terrible I was and moved on with my life.
43. Friday was National Donut Day. I didn't have a donut.
44. Does spending your economic stimulus package make you more patriotic?
45. One of my favorite summer fashions is tank tops with a scarf. Too bad I don't wear tanktops.
46. I have a friend who is trying to invest capital in my opening a bakery. Doesn't he know I'm a two-trick pony? And that I hate butter? I don't think bakery-owners are allowed to hate butter.
47. A gal in RS today told about how her family all have their cell phones set to alarm at 9PM; that alarm lets know you that someone loves you and is thinking about you. I think that's a really cute idea.
48. Fresh pineapple is one of my weaknesses.
49. Along the fruit vein, I passed another rite of adult woman passage a few weeks ago--I picked a good watermelon.
50. I've taken hundreds of photos since I've lived in Boston; I have yet to print a single one. The photos hanging on my walls are from a different era; it's both nostalgic and timely to start rotating them out.
51. Since our trip to Ireland, I am obsessed with Coke Zero. The only place I've found it on tap is a movie theater in Oregon.
52. I packed my winter coats away away for the first time in my life.
53. Remember how I had red hair once? Sigh. Sometimes I miss it; but I almost have my old hair back! It's been a process...
54. I hate the zoo. Reasons abound.
55. There are a few certain songs I hear that always, and I repeat always, make me think of a particular person. "I Want to Live" - Alicia. "Listen to Your Heart" - Kendall. "Have a Little Faith" - Melissa.
56. Today, for the first time in conscious thought, I have truly conflicted outlook for the immediate future. This isn't to say that one pole is good and the other is bad; I'm just conflicted.
57. I have officially given up. I will be a nail-peeler for life. I'm dealing with it.
58. I don't get "lost for words" frustrated very often; I hate when I do. It doesn't happen often enough for me to have a formulated game plan.
59. I love people with follow-through. Someone who says "we should go to dinner" or "are you in town this week?" at church on Sunday and means what they say? Holy awesome. I like to think I'm that kind of person with follow-through; this is why I try to mean what I say.
60. It will never be easy for me to meet people--I have to force myself to be chatty. I practice with clerks at stores or check-out stands. Somehow it's easier to small talk with these people.
61. I love being alone.
62. I love talking shop with people in my line of work. Lucky for me, this covers both the technology and marketing/media world.
63. On a particularly grueling day last week, our Art Director told me via IM that he didn't envy my job. He also told me I was doing a good job; which was well timed. Starting a new job always has a learning curve; I was nervous I was behind it.
64. Is sixty-four enough bullet points? Can I end it here? Surely I've got a few more in me. But I've been thinking this since thirty-seven.
65. I'm officially closing the poll at 65. Mostly because I got an offer for a social event (after some persistent pushing to get me off the fence, thanks Lauren!) and need to bake.
66. I bake for social events so I have something to do with my hands.