Can't. Stop. Watching.
Opening Ceremonies. Fencing. Handball. Indoor Volleyball. Weight-lifting. Swimming. Air Rifle. Badminton. Boxing. Gymnastics. Beach Volleyball. Cycling. Basketball. Diving.
Less than 48-hours in and so much has happened--with round-the-clock coverage and 3-4 channels showing events at any given time, my Olympic obsession has only grown.
My highlights so far:
- Opening Ceremonies (no words can be spoken to express this event. find highlights online. now.)
- Michael Phelps winning his first gold.
- Watching the second-to-last seeded Olympic-studs-of-the-day Latvians upset the #1 American pair in men's sand volleyball. Anything can happen in the Olympics.
- Sasha (USA) on the pommel horse.
- Tearing up at every mini-documentary NBC produced. Tear count: 6
**Update (9:21am Mon.) - Okay. So the men's 4x100m freestyle relay had my heart racing for nearly an hour last night. Seriously. If you didn't watch it in "live" time, I'm sorry--it was probably the greatest moment of the Olympics so far! The come from behind in the final 5 meters? Ahhhh. I'm getting chills just thinking about it now.