Saturday, August 26, 2006

Call Me a Liar

For the last month, my MySpace headline has read, "People who say they love running are lying." For the most part, I believe that. Well, in a moment of rash dream-fulfilling unpredictability, my 15-year-old sister Mallory and I have signed up to run a 6k on Thanksgiving Day. I haven't run a Turkey Trot since 4th grade!

The Cold Turkey 6k Run and Walk is Thursday, November 23rd at 10 am. Long story short, I've got eight weeks to whip my body into 3.74 miles worth of running shape. I know it's doable, I'm just a little intimidated. But, I've always really really wanted to run a 5k... and this will be perfect since Mal will be back in town for Thanksgiving.

The best/scariest part of the whole thing? The entire first half of the race is uphill. Like uphill uphill. But that only makes the down that much easier...

Say heLLO to guilt-free eating for the Nat and Mal this THanksgiving.

1 comment:

maWeesa said...

oh i'm jealous.. maybe if come home i'll run with you.. but i just realized i'm inviting myself... is that ok?

Definitely, maybe, probaby related posts:

If NatA! posted a photo with this blog, here it is!