Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Hope Floats

This sweet baby of ours was born two years ago today. A lifetime and two time zones ago, I still lived in the 801 and was able to meet my niece in the hospital for the first time.

It's not just Adrienne who's drastically changed in the last two years however. Though her physical and mental capacity have shown the greatest exponential growth, I'd wager that each of the immediate members of my family have had significant life changes in the last two years. (I can't speak for you readers, but I'll assume it's so as well.) Time has whipped right by, and I'm happy to say that I think we're all better people than we were two years ago. And that makes me happy.

Isn't that what life is about? I love that recognition. I love knowing that if today was rough, there's always the possibility tomorrow may be smoother. I'm tired today, but tomorrow there may be rest. Hope is a valuable thing.

May the next two years find each of us increased in wisdom and in strength as much as we're willing to hope it so.

Happy Birthday baby girl.

5 comments:

Jody said...

Yeah, that pretty much looks like a doll in your lap, not a baby. She sure has changed!

NatAttack said...

She does, right? I've thought that since the day the photo was taken. Very Cabbage Patch-ish, which is funny because they're birthday is this week too. (Don't ask.)

Alaina said...

I like how you put it - and Hope keeps us afloat. You're right, two years is a marvelous blessing...

ju said...

This is in the running for my favorite posts of all time. You are gifted.

k8 said...

so sweet nat. you have a way with words my dear.

Definitely, maybe, probaby related posts:

If NatA! posted a photo with this blog, here it is!