Thursday, May 24, 2007

It Failed Me Again

Last night, after a rather interesting evening, I returned home to endulge in my healthy American Idol obsession. It was the finale results show ya'll! Two hours over bloated material with guests I don't give a rat's about.

I'll skip the commentary; because I had plenty. I will however, note that Kelly Clarkson's live performance of "Never Again," angry, break-up ballad we haven't seen since the likes of Fiona and Alanis was amazing. I've been pretty obsessed with that song for the last two weeks -- it was beyond thrilling to watch it live:




Carrie Underwood, my other previous AI obsession, is just so beautiful. I love her.

The minutes were counting down. I was eagerly awaiting the results. I've watched every finale (save the first when I was unaware of the undeniable pull AI has) and couldn't wait to see Jordin's excitement as she was (unshockingly) announced the winner.

Oh. but. wait.

Stupid finale ran over, my DVR didn't tape it, and I didn't get any of the last six (and most important) minutes. I called my three AI buddies in Utah, no one answered. I imagined Jordin had won (thanks to a premature text from Melissa that I didn't read but had to preview when I checked who it was from) but wasn't for certain. I'd had an enough of the night both pre and post AI that I went to bed.

If you're like me; and DVR ruined your AI night, you can do what I did and watch the finale some loving soul kindly posted on YouTube. I will post it here in case you missed it:


Good for Jordin. I'm happy. My AI pick-the-winner standings are 2-3. (But Carrie and Jordin are all who matter anyway. And Kelly wasn't included in the rankings.) Until next January... but NOW on to the main event... So You Think You Can Dance!

5 comments:

Alaina said...

Drat that technology that saves and ruins lives all at the same time.

stephanielynn said...

You will be proud to know that Lindsay set the DVR for SYTYCD.

If I can somehow start watching Dancing with the Stars, I'm sure I can watch this.

ju said...

kelly clarkson rocks my freaking socks off. sheesh!!!!!!!!!

Sarah said...

Carrie is beautiful, I have to agree there.

And I was so glad I was watching it already because I totally thought of all the people that had their DVRs set and missed it because they went over. Maybe they did it on purpose? Anyway, I'm glad youtube came through for you!

Lindsay Jane said...

I feel your pain. The exact same thing happened to me. I actually liked the final for once this year, but I could have done without the old guys speach and fake award to Carrie and no mention of Kelly. I also could have done without Bet Midlers song....is she really still alive. Ryan start to announce how many votes they had when....bam....DVR over.

Definitely, maybe, probaby related posts:

If NatA! posted a photo with this blog, here it is!