Tuesday, May 08, 2007

The Recap

My computer is still on the quasi-fritz. I haven't been able to upload photos in quite awhile--but finagled a way at work this morn. I'm sure you've been wondering what I've been up to. Here's the random going-ons of the last few weeks.

Colleen and I acted as stage crew for the LP2 Ward Talent Show. The only stressful moment was when I had to slide that blue Igloo across half the gym right into Mary's hands. I give myself an 8.5 for accuracy. (That boy in the background's name is John Hopkins. Yes, it's okay to giggle.)







These two lovely ladies were the hosts of the Talent Show and were freakin' amazing. You need to see these two in action to believe it. It's no wonder they both have backgrounds in theater/music! Peggy and Mary -- check them out.








Being the coordinated jewel that I am, I slipped off our concrete front step, smashed the back of my heel into the stair and gave myself a blood blister the literal size of three dimes. Home surgery was performed. (image is small to preserve the general feeling of all being right in the world prior to viewing this semi-disturbing photo)


<----There I am trying to look shocked at the size of the blister. I have since realized I have exactly three smiles in photos--open mouthed, down-turned smile, skeletal grimace. But I digress.

I spent two glorious nights with these ladies watching the PBS documentary "The Mormons." We ate M&M's, Diet Coke, cheeseball, and cereal; broke the risers on my bed; had enlightening conversation; and managed not to die of pink/orange overdose. A miracle!






Went to NYC. You may have seen the more comprehensive set of pictures here and here. Won tickets to see A Chorus Line--sat literally on the front row. Our eyes were level with the dancers' feet. It was awesome to be so close. Not sure how much Jam loved the show; but it's nice to be with friends anyway.
Ate at Junior's before the show and was served this very random assortment of pre-lunch treats. Yuuuuuu-(m)ick.
Another delightful treat was the celery flavored soda we tried. Yeeks.

I had to cut my mouth out of this photo as I was channeling Smile #3 (see Skeletal Grimace).

It's been a fun few weeks.

5 comments:

MishMyBelle said...

I can't believe the size of your blood blister! Are you feeling better?? I sure hope so. Looks like you've been having some good times...why didn't you perform in the talent show. It would have almost been like a pageant!

Mallory Jan said...

how come you get to go to New York so much. I am jealous. So what's up with you being sick?

Rachel said...

you are so gorgeous. i love the life and times.

Colleen said...

I LOVE NETTLIENETTLES!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU ARE THE BEST!

Colleen said...

P.S. We are hot stage hands.

Definitely, maybe, probaby related posts:

If NatA! posted a photo with this blog, here it is!