Thursday, June 28, 2007

Casting Stones

I apologize for being a bad blogger lately. I've been rather distracted with planning an extended "friends-are-coming-to-visit" vacation, securing a new job, completing an old job, and trying not to die of heat stroke. I recognize this does nothing for you in the meantime.

Forgive me my trespasses as yall have trespassed. I consider myself a frequent blogger, so let him who is without blogging sin cast the first stone.

Thank you, thank you, I'm here all week.

In the meantime, while I try to find the strength to blog again; I'll leave you with a list.

Though I love Pop Culture, I absolutely cannot stand:
  1. Dating shows on MTV.
  2. The phrase "dancing for their life" on So You Think You Can Dance?"
  3. Athletes who rap.
  4. Movie trailers that start all super intense and menacing with the voice (yeah, you know the one), and it ends up being a really lame kid's movie, like Garfield or Spongebob.
  5. When animals react in movies like they're people. An eyebrow raise, a head tilt, a shiver, etc.
  6. Kanye West
  7. Post-Idol fascination with Sanjaya ...
  8. Hollywood coke/alcohol/anorexic starlets (yes that's you Paris, Lindsay, MK & A, Nicole, Kate, etc.)
  9. Celebrity couple concatenated names. Seriously, should have let it die after Brangelina.
  10. The 24/7 Paris coverage. Homegirl went to jail. She's out. Her life of doing nothing can resume.

And if you're STILL bored, watch this video. John Krasinski (Jim Halpert) and Conan O'Brien. Worth a watch:

After these messages, we'll be right back. (Saturday morning cartoon theme-song anyone?)

7 comments:

ju said...

nat-

1. sanjaya sounds like a dirty word, or an s.t.d.

2. i hate paris

3. i totally know the tv theme song.

Alaina said...

I could say ditto to most in this post. Amen.

I think the part about Paris going back to her life of doing nothing is hilarious and oh so true.

kendall said...

That clip definitely made this friday worth living. Now I'm going to YouTube to watch some more John Krasinski.

Rachel Eve said...

I agree with all of those!

I hate mtv dating shows with a passion. They are the worst. And so fake!

spoonfulL said...

ok. numbers 5 and 7 are just... SO truly heinous. as usual, thank you nat for saying what needs to be said.

Whits said...

I agree with every single item in the list. AND how adorable is john krasinski? Did you know he's from NEWTON and went to NEWTON high. :D

Rachel Eve said...

I finally watched that youtube movie. Hilarious. Oh my gosh I love John Krasinski (I didn't even know his real name until now?)! Conan and Jim Halpert make a great combination...I laughed so hard!

Definitely, maybe, probaby related posts:

If NatA! posted a photo with this blog, here it is!