Wednesday, June 13, 2007

The Bob Bob Blog

I love getting dressed up. Know me, know this. So of course I jumped on the train Jenni was conducting—an evening of mocktails and formal attire at The Charles Hotel in Harvard Square. There Jared, Julie and I were. Standing in the hotel, waiting for the rest of our party to show up. Dressed to kill (see above). Enter Bob Vila. Bob Vila. Chalk another another quasi-celebrity spotting to my list.

Let me state, for the record, that I wanted, OH SO BADLY, to take a picture with Bob Vila for this, your viewing pleasure. I thought long and hard about it, and even had a second opportunity (as he walked directly by us again in the very empty lobby), but couldn’t muster the courage to ask “Mr. Fix-It” himself for what would have been a very funny and vertically-challenged photo. The Vila is approximately 5’4” and looks just like you imagine – kacki pants, plaid shirt and all. (On an unrelated note, what kind of superhuman baby would The Vila and Martha Stewart have? That child would just ooze smarmy charm and handiness.)

There Jared, Julie and I were. Standing in the hotel, waiting for the rest of our party to show up. Dressed to kill. Enter Bob Weir. Bob Weir. Chalk another another quasi-celebrity spotting to my list.

Let me state, for the record, that I didn’t even know who Bob Weir is (founding member, Grateful Dead.). Good thing Jared did. Again, I wanted, OH SO BADLY, to take a picture with Bob Weir, for this, your viewing pleasure. I thought long and hard about it, and even had a second opportunity (as he walked directly by us again in the very empty lobby), but couldn’t muster the courage to ask “Mr. I Don’t Remember the Last 30 Years” himself for what would have been a very funny and chemically-challenged photo. The Weir is approximately 6’4” and looks just like you imagine – 110 pounds of stonewashed black jeans, black leather vest, long grey hair/beard, skull cap and all. (On an unrelated note, what kind of superwreck of a human baby would The Weir and Mary Kate Olsen have? That child would just ooze stringy hair, translucent skin, homeless clothes and a propensity for illegal substance.)

Okay, that's all for the celebrity viewings. We wanted, OH SO BADLY, to see Bob Saget and complete the Bob-trinity, but alas, our hope was in vain. Instead, Julie and I took photos.

My bangs are getting long. Isn't Julie HOT!?


Our sitcom photo:Me, with the open mouth, because I'm beginning to think I'll never smile normal again. I forgot how!
Enter J. Schwehr, the seven-letter, one-vowel, one-constant last name wonder.





Again, the red is a good hue, because Julie is lookin' hot hot hot! (Sing it with steel drums in your mind; it improves the experience ten-fold. I promise!)




This is me, again, not knowing what to do with myself, and again, using too many commas.


Jared gave two thumbs up for the Bobs.
Julie and I couldn't stop giggling over the tongue-twister that was rapidly becoming the Bob/Bob Blog. or the Blog of Bob and Bob. Which all brought back to mind Scott Baio's appearance as Bob Loblaw on Arrested and the always funny "Bob Loblaw's Law Blog." Try saying it outloud fast, and I promise you'll giggle. There I go again, with the commas, and the promising. It all ends now.

10 comments:

spoonfulL said...

natattack, how do i love thee? let me count the ways! i love thee blogfuly... i love thee fancily... i love thee diet cokefuly... i love thee celebrity-spotingly... the list goes on. you're rad.

kendall said...

I loooved the Bob Loblaw episodes of arrested development. Nothing could be better

Anonymous said...

You + long bangs = hot.

Anonymous said...

That "I'll never smile normal again" Photo = Looking hoy!

Colleen said...

YOU ARE SO HOT.

I CANNOT TAKE IT.

stephanielynn said...

First of all, I love "This Old House". I used to watch it when I stayed home sick.

Second, I loved every part of this blog. Too funny.

Third, I hate Bob Saget, but it's true he would have made the story that much better.

And last, how funny were the Bob Loblaw episodes of AD? I'm still sad that show got cancelled.

Rachel said...

Dude, I hate Bob Saget too!! Love This Old House, and the flannel. You all look so gorgeous I want to eat you for dinner with multiple mocktails.

MishMyBelle said...

I am envious of your fun dress up evening! You are looking pretty fine, and I am LOVING the hair!!

Zoooma said...

a white suit? boy, clay shaw would like that boy.

oh, and Bob Weir is no quasi-celebrity!

have a grateful day!

stephanielynn said...

While "This Old House" IS good, I realized this morning that I was thinking of "New Yankee Workshop". Pretty much the same thing, right?

Definitely, maybe, probaby related posts:

If NatA! posted a photo with this blog, here it is!