Friday, June 08, 2007

Prepare to be bored

  • I was parked on Newbury Street this morning talking to Alaina on the phone when a man on foot started screaming at a cab. He got up in the cabbie's face and started pounding on the car. He then proceeded to kick the door twice. The cabbie pulled over and got out. Screaming ensued. I took out my camera and was prepared to start videoing. Unfortunately, traffic got heavy, the screaming match subsided, and I realized I was being a most terrible phone companion. Sorry Lainey!
  • I was in Rachel's chair at the salon, about to get my bangs cut, when I realized I do like the natural flip they're self-styling themselves into. At least the humidity is good for something around here.
  • Paris is out of jail and I'm annoyed. Proof we bow to the rich and powerful.
  • There are four girls who live in our house and only one shower. Initially, I thought this was going to be a problem. It has not. For the third time in five months, I had to wait in line for a shower this morning. Of course it was on a day that I had a "can't-be-late" appointment in the Back Bay. No worries though, it all worked out.
  • I had the greatest time out with Jenni, Colleen, and Rachel last night. We did some mad shopping and ate at the Texas. I purchased the greatest jeans and a shirt or two. I had will power in not purchasing the 4th-of-July-dresses to end all 4th-of-July-dresses. Shame, I know. But I've gotta exercise self restraint somewhere, right?
  • I still have the crapper McCrapper of phones. On the docket for the weekend is shelling out the money to upgrade my phone and my life to where I was a week ago sitting pretty without a technological care in the world.
  • The lights in my room are STILL OUT. Dear Landlord, I'm refusing to pay June's rent until you come find the circuit breaker in my room and let me come back from the dark side. Left in the dark, NatA!
  • Believe it or not, I'm not a very good swimmer. (Reference the story where I nearly drowned in a white squall.) I also don't particularly like being wet. Believe it or not, I am actively seeking out water this weekend. Lake Winn. or Walden Pond -- it will happen.
  • I also bought cake pans to create a birthday cake masterpiece this weekend. Maybe pictures early next week?
  • So You Think You Can Dance? is back on, and it makes me extremely nostalgic for last summer's living/watching/obsessing with my girls in Sugarhouse. How much can change in 12 short months.
  • Speaking of my Sugarhouse girls; three of them left for three months in Uganda this week. I've got all kinds of phone minutes now. Any takers?
  • How boring is this post? On a scale of 1 to 10, I give this an 8. Sorry friends, I've got nothin'.

7 comments:

kendall said...

A) Ashley Simpson my childhood friend was on So You Think You Can Dance
B) Last night I made a cake and it looks amazing. I'm buying cake decorating supplies since I already have my own cake.
C) I am also very upset that Paris is not in jail. I wanted her to become Angelina Jolie.

Colleen said...

YEAHHHHH THAT NIGHT OUT WAS RADICALLLLL I LOVE YOUUUUUUUUU

NatAttack said...

Oh yeah. AND I SAW SOMEONE WEARING MY BROWN GUCCI FANNYPACK in the Back Bay. And it WAS KIND OF CUTE!

Yikes. I think I might be talking myself into trying it out.

Linda said...

So happy So You Think You Can Dance is back on. LOVE it Love it Love it!!

you have a gucci fannypack?

Mallory Jan said...

I love that show. just you wait for my blog on it.

Alaina said...

I rate it a 9. I love random thought/happening posts. 10 is when they're cry-slash-wet-your-pants hilarious.

And of note, I was willing to let you get off the phone call to video.

I miss you; do you even read my blog anymore!?

`hgBV *^HNIJKM B V^787878UYHB6 T (This is from Adrie)

Rachel said...

Not bored yet...going to the dark side can be tres sexy.

Definitely, maybe, probaby related posts:

If NatA! posted a photo with this blog, here it is!