- I should probably unpack my bag from New York as I'm leaving for Portland on Friday and it needs to be packed again.
- A lady who's shared a giant piece of my heart for nearly nine years is getting married in Oregon and I'm thrilled to be a part of it. Krissy and John are about the most perfectly suited couple and they managed to send out one of the very few invitations I've liked top to bottom. Just so so thrilled for these two.
- (In posting this photo, I'm sure one of you lurkers will randomly know John. He was kind of a dude to know at BYU apparently.)
- I've been demoted from cupcakes to boutineers and I couldn't be happier.
- Of note, and hours of internet searching have proven, it's impossible to purchase an appropriately length and sleeved green dress. Trust me on this one--I've had many, many people helping me look. The good news is I already have a dress that can work; I just love new things, you know?
- The wedding is in Oregon which means I'll of course go home and work for a week from our PDX office. How fortuitous that the weekend before the wedding (when I'm home) is both General Conference and Easter! I can't remember the last time I was home for Easter... annnnnnnnnnnnnd Julie and Greg are going to come up and celebrate with us. I'm going to be the fifth wheel at my own parents house. I can't wait!
- I had an unexpected surprise today and it was very lovely. High mental repeat.
- While I'm posting photos of cute couples, I love love love this picture of my sister Kendall and BIL Josh. It sounds ridiculous to say, but it just makes me believe in love. If you still haven't read (or have forgotten) their ridiculously cute and funny story about getting engaged on the train(!!), you simply must read it again.
- All these cute couples in my life. Yay.
- I've fallen into a few terrible habits in the last few days. I procrastinate bed (worse that usual) and obsessively eat (worse that usual) candy. I ran nine miles last Friday, and apparently I'm still eating like I ran them two hours ago.
- Bought my first Red Sox tickets of the season. Hurry UP Spring!
- Also, bought my first one piece beach romper. It's adorable, but I may just be too tall to wear it. The good news is I have three months to shed four inches. I'm on it.
- I have a stack of cards on the nightstand next to my bed from family members and close friends. I reread the set tonight and had my spirits buoyed. I sure know how to surround myself with A+ people.
- Okay, so I'm really blogging because I'm avoiding The Count of Monte Cristo. Wow. I am really really enjoying the book, but it's just so overwhelming! I've been reading for aaaaaaaaaaaages and am only 600 pages in (of 1150). The time required to finish is daunting. I've already renewed it thrice online and had to fully recheck it out. (Good for another 2 months though, phew.) I've finished four other books I've read in tandem with the Count. This is why I prefer beach reads.
- I'm getting really excited about the 30 Days of Posting, or Getting to Know Your Neighbor month. Maybe I should take Tuesday off in preparation for 30 straight days of posting...
Tuesday, March 30, 2010
if it takes more than five minutes to come up with a title for a brain dump, consider it a sunk cost and move on
The real question is when will she run out of things to say? It's a good question I just don't know the answer to. (A few months ago some smart aleck may have proposed "2009" but the ship has righted its course.) I'm feeling wordsmithy lately. Let's dive right in.
always never change a title once it's written. House rules!)