Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Addiction Magnified

I have a new addiction. If you love celebrities or frustratingly strategic (maybe) guessing games, this is for you.

Celebrity Faceoff

Basically, two random images are placed side-by-side and it's your job to choose which one is more "famous." The answers are furthered by the people playing the game's guesses. Some are blazinginly obvious, some will leave your heart racing and in nervous sweats.

Score is calculated by cumulative correct answers. You mess up, you start over. Somehow, I got a 28. Once. The highest I could ever get after that was 18. And about 45 other games of 2-6. Can anyone beat 28? Does anyone want to beat 28?

The one-name ladies almost always trump: Oprah, Martha, Paris.

But there are other dark horses--the Olsen twins, the Donald, Jerry Seinfeld... my heart can't handle this kind of stress!

11 comments:

stephanielynn said...

My highest was 19. It's totally addicting! I don't have anymore time to waste at work today, but I'll be playing when I get home tonight!

Rachel Eve said...

This game is surprisingly stressful. And extremely addicting! My highest was 27.

stephanielynn said...

Jared Leto beat John Krasinski!? What?

Cabra Forte said...

I got on a lucky run and couldn't go wrong. I got a 28, but couldn't go any higher. My strategy went like this: the person I'd heard of always beat the person I hadn't. It susally worked out pretty well.

ju said...

21. why, why, why am i doing this?

poor thomas keller, that dude never wins.

Kristan said...

I officially hate you for introducing this into my life, and I don't even know you! THANKS! I can't stop :)

maWeesa said...

you've given purpose to my day.. thanks nat.. i can always count on you

Mallory Jan said...

I am in love with Stephen Colbert

Alaina said...

Wow I love the random comments/commenters on this one!

Mallory Jan said...

Now that I have had time to play the game I can say I hate it. It makes me stress so much! How do you pick between Jude Law and Will Smith? What about Faith Hill and Fergie?

Mallory Jan said...

Oh 16 was my highest.

Definitely, maybe, probaby related posts:

If NatA! posted a photo with this blog, here it is!