Friday, August 31, 2007

Flashback Friday IV

My parents Kent & Jan met in junior high school in Salem, Oregon. They dated on and off (mostly on) for the next seven years. They eventually wed.
Aren't they cute?

My sister Alaina is a honeymoon baby and I came along 19 months later.

This week's installment of Flashback Friday is dedicated to the time when we were a family of four. It would be nearly six years until Kendall came; two and a half more before Mallory was born and our family was complete.





Before we get to the foursome of family photos, can we pause for a moment and look what a stylish little boy I was. Rockin' the bowl cut and polyester. Whoop!

Please note: Alaina and I are not twins. You may notice that we're wearing the same outfit in nearly every photo. This was perhaps the last time our clothing styles ran parallel.

Williams' Family Reunion 1983









Just last week, a few of us were giggling about family photos and Olan Mills. Low and behold, in this photo you can see the trademarked gold-foil stamp in the bottom right corner.













Our bed time was 7:30. Growing up in Phoenix, land of heat and eternal night; we often went to bed when it was still light outside. We didn't have a lot of money, so my mom sewed a good chunk of our wardrobe and babysat other kids. (I love exchanging "poor" stories with my friends--isn't it interesting how most of us grew up with less money?)

Crazy how even back then Alaina and I were as brown and as blonde as we are today. Still don't look alike.

We lived a pretty good life.

**Update: Alaina would like me to point out that she used to be taller than me. I'm sure my Mom would point out the same. Dad is barely holding on to the claim of tallest in the family.


8 comments:

Alaina said...

You forgot to mention that I used to be taller than you. I'm proud of that. How did you beat me, anyway? I love the pic of us in m&d's bed. Hooray for that southwestern decor!

Jan said...

what a charmer you STILL are...a chip off the old block!

Jan said...

I want my picture on my comment square...anyone want to help me?

NatAttack said...

Wow family. You're fast today. I was still working on the words in this blog. But I guess I'll stop now. Not feeling the creativity so much this morning. The pull of a long weekend is calling!

Mom, I'll help you get setup. Will be in touch offline.

Alaina, I think I shall update the words to reflect what you've pointed out. Genius.

Jan said...

Hello world. This is future Nat. 25 years from now, this is what I will look like.

Jan said...

Here I am, cropped. I'm glad I can use my own site as a guinea pig.

Cheers.

Mallory Jan said...

I love Dad in sweater vests. Can we get him to wear them now?

Rachel Eve said...

Oh cute! You did kind of look like a boy. But still, a cute little blond boy. Hahahah those comments from your mom crack me up. Hello jan!

Definitely, maybe, probaby related posts:

If NatA! posted a photo with this blog, here it is!