Wednesday, October 18, 2006

V. Mars

Those who associate with me on a personal level probably know about my obsession with the show Veronica Mars. Like near literal obsession. Complete and total. I watched the first two seasons on DVD but have been eagerly tuning in to the new CW network on Tuesday evenings to catch Season III as it occurs.

Kristen Bell is totally my new girl-crush. (Sorry Alba, you're out.)

So there I am, tuned in tonight. I left the gym in perfect timing for the third installment of this season. I'm watching in amazement as Veronica throws zingers back and forth with my favorite characters (where was my boy Wallace tonight?) and crime solves... all typical fare for a Freshman in college. Right?

Less than ten minutes to go in the episode and the CW freaks out. The screen stays black and V. never comes back. Instead, the local affiliate, fearing dead air time, turns on the freaking King of Queens. Oh please. So now I'll never know who stole the Hearst football player's play book or what kind of repercussions Veronica's placing of a GPS tracer to track a suspicious trip to Mexico will have on her relationship with bf Logan.


What other shows can give you this kind of fabulous commentary?

- "Veronica Mars, modern college girl on the go."
- "Dick Casablancas, Neolithic college boy on the sauce.
- "OK, I'm not sure what Neolithic is, but hey, I'm in college, maybe someone will teach me."

or when Veronica tried to get her used-to-be-the-sheriff PI Dad to hire local quasi-reformed town Latino, Weevil as his secretary so he'll meet his parole mandates:

"All those times I arrested him, he never struck me as great secretary material. Didn't he get arrested for murder?"
"Assault."
"See, he's not even a very good murderer."

This cult show struggles for ratings... if the CW cancels it I may have to force a boycott of all my other favorite C-Dub shows. And then One Tree Hill will only have four people watching. Take that!

2 comments:

maWeesa said...

honey pie.. do you want to me to tell you what happened?

kendall said...

Becki and i about had a fit when stupid king of queens came on, TEN MINUTES EARLY! We've watched the last two weeks of the VM

Definitely, maybe, probaby related posts:

If NatA! posted a photo with this blog, here it is!