Monday, October 30, 2006

Redeemed

I knew New Yorkers were cranky and pretty myopic. I'm used to the West and its general sense of politness. Not such the standard here.

However, with their last chance to redeem themselves, the New York City natives pulled through.

Getting on the subway for my last ride to the train that will take me to the shuttle that will take me to the plane that will take me to Vegas which will take me to the plane that will take me to Salt Lake which will take me to Krista's car which will take me to my grandparents downtown condo to pick up my car which will THEN take me home (deep breath) I was getting ready to lug my suitcase down the subway steps and some boy in a black North Face jacket asked if I needed help. Help! A New Yorker asking to help? Holy freaker. A miracle! That black North Face jacket man really saved some New York face.

OH for sake. The homie G-thang standing next to me on the 1 train burping with gusto might have just brought me back from my euphoric state.

(On a side note, the woman now sitting next to me since I escaped Captain Burp Squad is wearing a full length, full patterened Burberry jacket that probably cost $700. As Mel and I discussed last night, people with that kind of money would be traveling above ground. This leads me to believe that her coat is a fake she probably bought on the streets. End sidebar commentary.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I once bought a jacket for over $1000 bucks and it had pink stripes in the lining. Unfortunately it got ruined in the rain.

Jay-Z said...

HEY!

New Yorkers can be nice! And polite! I hold doors for people all the time! I could go into my speech about the misunderstood New York attitude, but I'll refrain.

And to PROVE how nice I am, the next time you come, Delta has non-stop flights from SLC to Newark. My boss lives in SLC and flies in all the time. That would at least cut off one leg of your trip. SEE. NICE!

Hope you had a good trip!

Definitely, maybe, probaby related posts:

If NatA! posted a photo with this blog, here it is!