Thursday, October 19, 2006

Behold the Damage!

I finally went home last night--I needed a restock of clothes and other items. I also wanted to check in on how Paco, our construction guy, is doing with our moldy renovation.

Behold... the exceptionally high-quality camera phone photos I took.















The Downstairs Bathroom

Until yesterday, Marge, our landlord, didn't even know there was a problem in the downstairs. As if a wet and dropping-pieces ceiling weren't notice enough. I pushed on the ceiling, and in most places it's soft and pliable. I'm kind of waiting for the bathtub right above it to come crashing down.
















The Upstairs Bathroom

The moldy walls have been replaced with new drywall--big question is whether or not they got all the mold out...

And it's still stinky and now it's just freezing because all the windows are open to dilute the smell and it's 45 degrees!

Can you tell why we're loving the hotel?

4 comments:

maWeesa said...

freakin hell.. that is some bad stuff... there's no way you guys will be able to move in in a week....

Anonymous said...

I know a mold-free place in Texas where ya'll could bunker down.

Mallory Jan said...

oh dear! What are you going to do!and how long until you move back in ? Is this little problem going to be fixed by the time I come live with you at thanksgiving?!

Jay-Z said...

oh the landlord stories i could tell you. for starters, her name was pearl but she had an alternate personality named zeldy.

Definitely, maybe, probaby related posts:

If NatA! posted a photo with this blog, here it is!