Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Cheat to Win

I've been training for the 6k Turkey Trot since late August. Thanksgiving came and went last week and I've been disconnected from the blogging world. No internet at home and little motivation at work (induced by a head cold the size ofKendall's first tumor) has slowed my blogging updates considerably. But here is the rundown of the race.

10 AM Thursday morning was incredibly overcast and windy. Ideal situation for a run huh? Actually, not so bad. The joggers stayed together for the first half mile or so and then we began to spread out. Dad and I stayed together the remainder of the race. He pushed me along during the middle of the race and then I pulled him near the end. It was a good balance. I had a burst of energy at the end and said "Come on Dad, let's sprint!." All well and good, but I was already two strides in front of him. I sandbagged my own dad at the finish! Tacky... but I apologized later. Mallory finished just minutes behind us, then the Kendall/Rachel duo and a bit later the walkers Mom/Grandpa. I finished two minutes behind my goal time but was still pretty happy with my time. In spite of a) never running outside, b) always running on a treadmill, c) always running on level surface I thought I did pretty well.





Nat and Mal. The two who started it all.


















Fatties no more.













We're so happy we finished!

3 comments:

Matthew said...

WHAT...you've never run outdoors before??? Amazing!

kendall said...

AAAAAAH WE DIDN'T DIE.

Unknown said...

dang, look at those calves...

Definitely, maybe, probaby related posts:

If NatA! posted a photo with this blog, here it is!