Thursday, November 02, 2006

Go-Kart? Go Drive!

What is adults fascination with go-karts? Really, I just don't understand.

I went on a blind date in January where the guy (the one in red shorts and the yellow dress shirt, remember that fiasco?) forked out $75 for us to drive these mini-cars around and around and around (100 laps worth of around). What a wash.

Why oh why oh why? Man, aren't go-karts just mini-cars? What's the allure when you're a full adult with a license? Why not just drive your car around? Ironically they go faster than go-karts and have better turning radii. People. Get a clue.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm just curious as to what brought this on?

And, no, I don't have the answer to your question of why it's so fascinating.

NatAttack said...

Ironically, I was in the shop (at work for all my non-co-worker-readers) and saw a guy riding a forklift-ish quick-rider. I, in my head, thought that was pretty sweet and then I remembered that being on a moving object is just like being in a car.

And then I remembered that I don't understand go-karts.

My mind is weird.

Anonymous said...

Not weird...that train of thought makes perfect sense.

Anonymous said...

I like to ride on motorized pallet-jacks!

Anonymous said...

Maybe it just feels faster? Or, maybe it's the idea that you can be reckless without ever really being in any danger. You can "throw caution to the wind" to some extent.

Definitely, maybe, probaby related posts:

If NatA! posted a photo with this blog, here it is!