Wednesday, November 29, 2006

The Craving

All I wanted this morning was a donut. That's right. A round, raised, chocolate-frosted donut from Albertson's. Instead of a donut, here's what I got this morning:

+ 6 inches of snow on my car to scrape off. Not fun since I was only wearing ankle boots.
+ snow-packed roads and a car with only semi-decent traction.
+ 10 minutes late but still the 6th car in the lot. I should have slept in 30 more minutes.
+ Carlee brought in candy canes which I normally love. When Stephanie informed via IM that they were in fact, not donut flavored, I didn't have the heart to eat one.
+ a 25 cent Diet Pepsi (best part so far!)
+ moderately slow influx of incoming email -- hooray!
+ super staticky hair -- it must be winter!
+ a Captain Wordsmith rant (those in the office should know who I'm talkin' bout)

But no worries! Hope is not lost for the day! I'm wearing all brown, the week is half over, I'm going out of town this weekend, attending a Christmas Gala with only strangers, and it's Turkey-freaking-Wednesday*! Whoop!


And this picture is too freaking cute not to share:

*Turkey Wednesday - Subway's special $2.49 sub of the day is Turkey. We go every week.

3 comments:

maWeesa said...

man oh man.. i seriously want to come this weekend! the only problem is i have 25 pages of papers due on tuesday that i haven't started yet.. yes, my life sucks...

kendall said...

i have the best lucky turkey wednesday story. best EVER.

Unknown said...

What's a "Gala"?

Definitely, maybe, probaby related posts:

If NatA! posted a photo with this blog, here it is!