Tuesday, November 07, 2006

A Huge News Day!

The Breaking News hardly stopped all day!

7:09 - Having new medication to help me sleep better, I awaken on my own in the 7's -- this is the first time in as many months.

10:01 - Having secured 30 tickets to the First Presidency Christmas Devotional, I have secured my title as "She Who Can Score Tickets to Anything on Temple Square." I can put my Grandma's mind at ease and start gearing up for the scramble to get tickets to the MoTab's Christmas concert.

11:48 - Having seen a mouse in our area, the department decides it's a good time to lunch. Of course said mouse ran and hid in my cube. That's the last place it was spotted.

1:33 - Having returned from lunch, but still slightly worried about said mouse (who was in fact moving slowly due to rat poisoning it picked up in the suite next door), the mouse is spotted and captured with the aid of my recycling box and a wrapping paper cardboard roll left over from last Christmas. Said poisoned rat is walked across the street and ceremoniously placed beneath a pine tree where it will live out it's very short remainder of existence.

1:34 - Having received an email from Mel, I come to learn that Britney is divorcing K.Fed. Shocker. Is nothing sacred?!

4:58 - Having consumed nearly the rest of my Chilis To-Go bag of tortilla chips, I remember that my stomach isn't larger than said bag of chips and I might , and for the first time in recorded history, actually bust a gut.

5:43 - Having realized that I'm out of BIG NEWS moments, and having realized I am officially out of ways to add "Having" to the beginning of my BIG NEWS moments, I quickly and concisely end this post.

5 comments:

stephanielynn said...

I'm a little bit sad that mice can be caught at DM and not at my house. At least now you can feel a small portion of my pain.

maWeesa said...

i wanna go to the christmas devotional... please please please.. that is of course if i'm in utah at the time

Alicia said...

Ok, Ticket-queen...

When do the MoTab concert tickets go live? Brian will die if we don't go.

Did I tell you he is applying to be a guest organist at the Tab? He passed the first round :)

Alicia

Anonymous said...

You should've ended "said" post, not "this" post.

Having never been invited in the past and going off of said experience, I suppose Texans are excluded from any such said excursion?

kendall said...

Hmm dying mice and no more K-fed BS, quite a downer of a day.

Definitely, maybe, probaby related posts:

If NatA! posted a photo with this blog, here it is!