Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Avril's Will Power

Today, Avril Lavigne was my guardian angel.

If you haven't been to New England, you don't know that Dunkin Donuts are to New England as Starbucks is to Seattle... and the entire world. There are MORE Dunkin Donuts in the state of Mass than you can possibly imagine. Drive-through stops. Easy in, easy out. Not exactly the greatest place for a person with a self-proclaimed donut/doughnut (or donit as I say it) problem.

However, anyone who listens to Top 40 radio (my iPod's battery was dead) knows where this post is going.

As I was losing my will power of passing Dunkin Donuts after Dunkin Donuts (the orange and pink signs are cute enough on their own to warrent pulling over) and my eyes were glazing over with the anticipation of actually entertaining the thought of partaking of the forbidden fruit, the strains of once-punk Avril filter through the crap Hyundai Accent's speakers.

"Keep holding on/You'll make it through, you'll make it through
Just hold strong/You know I'm here for you, I'm here for you."

It was as though Avril were expressly reaching out to me in my time of need. By very words alone she convinced me not to throw away the now 26-day doughnut fast. The last time she did this, she convinced me wearing a tie with my sk8er shoes is totally like-okay. Avril and I have aged well together.

Needless to say, the donut fast continues. I'm wrapping up this post so I can try to figure out a way to get Avril a Thank You card.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the placement of the word "glazing". Good word choice, and very clever.

maWeesa said...

oh avril... i'm so glad you're here to guide my life... you amaze me

Anonymous said...

I'm sure she'd appreciate a nice note... your music makes a difference and all that lala.

Miss you!
Erica

Definitely, maybe, probaby related posts:

If NatA! posted a photo with this blog, here it is!