Monday, January 15, 2007

the wheels on the bus

Day two of the drive:

Did you KNOW you can drive to Illinois in two short days? Who knew. Did you know Minnesota is right above Iowa? Me either.

In driving, we counted forty-two cars spun off the road. Scarier to think of our experience seeing what it could have been in the light of day.

This moron left her cell phone in the hotel in freaking Nebraska and we had to drive back to get it. 2300 miles isn't far enough to drive right?

My faith in weather people is lessened again. The Weather Channel and USA Today said there'd be snow all the way across Iowa. False. No snow. Maybe tomorrow.

Chicago style pizza in a hotel just outside of Chicago tonight. GOLDEN GLOBES!!! Oh man oh man oh man. I love awards shows. My favorite two parts of the night;

1.On the E! Channel preshow:
Correspondant No.1:"Angelina Jolie's dress was just beautiful. But why did she look so upset?"
Correspondant No.2:"I'm pretty sure she's mad she's not in some third-world country saving it. This has got to all be a little much for her.

And she DID look cranky.

2. Jamie Foxx (whom I hate) was introducing Dreamgirls for best comedy/musical, "Dreamgirls table represent. Jigga. Yall lookin good. Real good. Will I see you. Jada, lookin good."

I can only imagine Will (Smith) felt any "white" credibility he's been building in Hollywood start slipping as Jamie decided to ghetto-size the Globes.

Hope everyone enjoys the work/school day tomorrow (Tuesday). I'm unemployed still.

5 comments:

Minnesota Fan said...

In fact, I did know Minnesota was right above Iowa...

N.F. said...

I didn't used to like Jamie Foxx either--until I saw him sing live at the Ellen Degeneres show...he was A-MAAAAAAAAAAAAZING.

The only draw back is that most of his lyrics aren't appropriate (for me)-----so his free CD I got from being in the audience?

Given away. :(

stephanielynn said...

I did know you could make it to Illinois in two days. In fact, I've made it to Michigan in 26 hours...I wouldn't recommend it.

Becki said...

did you know that:

FACT Nebraska is the longest and most horrid state to drive through?

and

FACT It also smells the worst. However, I don't know if that holds true in the winter, maybe it just gets old and moldy in the summer or something.

happy driving :)

Anonymous said...

Um, Cameron's dress? HELLO? Didn't she know that her recently exed BF J.T. was going to be there?

I mean, common!!! Cameron, the LIPS are HIDEOUS! And you look like a cream puff.

Sorry, Nat, that was mean. And slightly off-topic. But hey, she was SCARY!

Definitely, maybe, probaby related posts:

If NatA! posted a photo with this blog, here it is!