Monday, January 29, 2007

The Laundry List

Today, I almost broke the donut fast. Twice. And seriously, I was going to do it.

Boston, Day 11:

I had another round (5 people) of interviews for another job at Monster. I'm beginning to think I'm destined to be at Monster no matter what. I'm also sad because the job I really wanted got back to me and informed me they were only willing to pay less than I was making at the D-Mark... which won't pay the astronomical increase in rent and cost of living a bicoastal move entails. Dream dashed.

No worries! I've been living on Diet Pepsi and that makes my life happy. It's been in the low-20's the last week in Boston and my drinks sit on the sun porch.

Sun porch is warmer > outside but colder > fridge. Drinks are icy cold and delicious.

I shook my fist at the parking officials of the great commonwealth of MA. Not only did we have to pay $17 to park for our 1.5 at Chili's on Friday night (it cost as much as our meal!), but I forgot to pull my car into the driveway last night and was rewarded for my idiocy with another $15 parking ticket. I'm gonna figure this place out eventually...

And while we're on the topic of driving and the law... I got pulled over on Saturday night. Which is a scary, scary thing when you have Utah plates, an Arizona license, and are driving in Mass. Copper was wearing a furry Russian hat and a ginormous blue class ring. I got off with a verbal warning; a plus since I didn't have my proof of insurance in the car.

The M's came to visit this weekend. We did what we do best; eat, shop, lay around, watch movies. It was awesome. We ate at all the finest eateries in Boston... Chili's, The Cheesecake Factory, and the Texas Roadhouse. Mmmmm.

Oh wait. Do NOT, let me repeat, DO NOT see the movie "Catch and Release" starring Jennifer Garner. It is an awful, awful, awful movie and you'll not only wish you had your $9 back but pine for the two hours you wasted in a movie one-half step above "Failure to Launch." And if you actually enjoyed FTL, I don't want to hear about it, because our friendship might actually be in question.

Is this the lamest post in the history of posting? I'm kind of thinking yes. I'm sorry; I haven't posted in so long I'm feeling the need to catch everyone up. Not that I have much catching up to do...

I rented a movie from Blockbuster tonight. $4.29. Can you believe that!? What a rip. Good thing I found a Redbox at the grocery store as I was running to pick up some Hot Tamales. Life is shaping up pretty well if I do say so myself...

On the docket for tomorrow is finding a Bank of America to open an account (there are NO Wells Fargos in the area! Boo.), pay my lovely parking ticket, get a library card, get some books, read, hang out, make some more cookies (made some mint-chocolate-chip ones tonight) and try not to drink so much Diet Pepsi tomorrow. Or nap so much. But ohhhhhh... what's the point. I have no job and I should live it up. Bring on the Diet Pepsi and the naps!!!

And bring me a donut while you're at it.

2 comments:

stephanielynn said...

So glad to hear you're having fun, Nat! I miss you tons! D-Mark is not the same...

MishMyBelle said...

I'm soooo glad we came to visit this weekend. I am having a hard time getting back into things...maybe you should treat yourself to a donut! Remember how there is a Dunkin' Donuts on every corner there?

Definitely, maybe, probaby related posts:

If NatA! posted a photo with this blog, here it is!