Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Luck is running out ... but hope is not lost

Remember when our subway in NYC broke down while we were on it? Today, on my way home from an interview in downtown Boston, my bus broke down twice. I'm not having the greatest luck on this trip 'o mine. Despite the bus breakage and erroroneously getting off one stop too early (happened on the T earlier too... can I not READ signs? This was after I bought the wrong tickets and had to throw them away and purchase new ones) and walking home in my still too small interview shoes, I survived the day.

After I got completely lost driving to the EXACT SAME PLACE I interviewed at yesterday. Hello late to an interview. Tack to the max. Luckily (am I still allowed to host that word in my vocabulary?) I called in 15 minutes before I was late in advance warning, found the right road, controlled my inner rage at being stuck behind a grandma driving 35 mph on a two-lane, double-yellow lined road, and arrived 90 seconds late.

Enough of this negative energy, that's all the poor that happened to me today. HEre's the GOOD!:
+ 2 Diet PEpsis for breakfast, 2 for lunch
+ A good update on the phone with the Jamster.
+ I found a beautiful bookcase at Target on clearance for $20
+ I found the most beautiful pair of brown pinstriped pants at the Gap for $6.97
+ I found the most beautiful pair of brown cuffed dress pants at the Gap for $6.97
+ I took Lindsay's advice and listened to my iPod at Target and the Mall. Holy change your shopping experience wonderful idea! I'll recommend it as well.
+ I had a really great chat with Kylee about moving to Boston and what to expect. It's awesome getting to talk to someone who's done it and never looked back. Faith over fear, right?
+ Alicia is picking me up at the airport tomorrow night. Excitement! I was bummed I might not get to see her before I leave the SLC for good.
+ I am SUPER psyched for my interview tomorrow--it's the one I've been looking forward to the most. Having described to 16 (no joke) different people in the last two days what it is I do, I feel like I'm sufficiently practiced for this oh-so-important interview.
+ And HOW could I almost forget that the Goo-Gone worked wonders on my almost-impounded car!?! I am sticker free and evading the law yet again.

So dreary as this trip might sound on paper (or screen), I'm having a fun time and a lot of good is coming out of it. Hopefully one of the six pities my unemployment and hooks an Interactive Project Manager up! Either way, all hope is not lost, I'm coming whether they want me or not!

1 comment:

Lindsay Jane said...

Nat---I am glad you gave the old iPod trick a try. I really think it will catch on. Glad to hear that things are starting to go better for you. I was starting to get a little worried. My real question is...are there any men out there? If so, save me one and I am right behind you!

Definitely, maybe, probaby related posts:

If NatA! posted a photo with this blog, here it is!