Monday, April 19, 2010

Day 19

I should try leaving today's post blank and let each of you comment, but that's when the anonymous comments would start about my being too cheesy, long winded, and PRONE TO TYPING WITH TOO MANY CAPS.

A talent of yours

While the three examples listed above are in fact talents of mine, I could also add a slew of things I do really well. Drink Diet Coke, knee drive, sleep perfectly vertical without night movement, and catch my pinkie toe on doors, chair legs, and corners.... but I don't want to brag.

In all seriousness though, I think a great talent of mine is my ability to go all in.

Quantifiabley, if there's a lot of something to be done--I'm someone you want on your team or committee. (Or my Mom always says.) I work hard to get things done; be it the kitchen full of dishes after a Sunday meal at home, someone who needs moved in a six-floor walk-up, or a project that needs extra attention at work, I jump in quickly and stay til it's done.

Quantitatively, I go all in to my relationships with people. There isn't much I hold back as I try to be a good friend. I invest in people; and I won't lie, it doesn't always end perfectly well (see: romance), but one of my best ones at the wedding reminded me what a awesome quality that is. Going "all in" early on isn't asking to marry someone, it's simply saying "I think you're pretty great and I think we have a solid connection. I'd like to explore this with you, and bonus! you're not going to have to worry about my playing games or being coy. What you see is what you get. Isn't that refreshing?" Anyway, that's what I needed to hear. Thanks L.

When I put my mind to something, I make it happen. Mastering the art of cupcakes. Not highlighting my hair, but dying it full on comic book red. Not just running a 5k, but a 21k. And this that and the other.

Today? I like this part of me. I get stuff done.

4 comments:

Erica Layne | Let Why Lead said...

I like that part of you too. I've found it hard in recent years to find girlfriends who will really open up and go all in. I LOVE open people. You're right; it's refreshing. I love you. Don't change. :)

Erica Layne | Let Why Lead said...

PS. SO funny about how you sleep.

Team Russi said...

I agree that this is an admirable trait. I say "go big or go home" which sounds very similar to "all in".

It looks like "all in" returns solid rewards. Good for you!

kinobud said...

Yep. the go to girl. this talent qualifies you for favorite daughter of the day!

Definitely, maybe, probaby related posts:

If NatA! posted a photo with this blog, here it is!