Monday, March 12, 2007

Incentive to Blog

For Christmas, I asked for a year journal. Basically, the book is paged by days and is used over a multiple-year spread. January 1 has a page, January 2, ... etc. This is a perfect way for me to journal as writing is condensed to short little snippets and phrases.

The journals are rather hard to find, but my sister Alaina found one and loved me enough to mail it out.

Today, I realized my count was off. I had to page back through and figure out where I screwed up. LEAP DAY! Argh. I remember what happens day by day (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday) and not numerically (the 22nd, 23rd, 24th). So I kept right on writing through February 29th. Bust.

Nevertheless, I've been good about filling in the days and have all but nine days filled in since the beginning of the year. I'll confess that a week usually passes before I remember to write in the elegantly bound, navy hardcover book. Where my memory is mostly pretty good, I struggle with the "not much happened outside the ordinary" type days. Two of my nine blank pages came from last week. Confession: I actually checked my blog to see if I had written anything of significant occurrence.

And then I realized how much I depend on this blog. Maybe I should get a life. But what's a cool life without a blog to log it?

I'm torn.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

A blog-less life is no life at all! :)

love you.

Definitely, maybe, probaby related posts:

If NatA! posted a photo with this blog, here it is!