Sunday, March 25, 2007

Her Hands

When Mikhail Gorbachev penned the quote, "The eyes are the window to the soul," I wonder if he sat at his desk, pen in hand, trying to decide exactly which physical charactaristic would be the soul-filled window.

It has come to my attention lately, through comments made by others leading ultimately to self reflection, that I have strange hands.

Each of my fingers is quadruple jointed, I swear it's so. They bend "against the grain" so much that every knuckle seems to bend the way it shouldn't. This isn't strange to me as these are the only hands I've ever had, and hopefully the ones I'll retain through the eternities.

If Miki had decided the hands were the window to the soul, I shall give you a visual gallery of my inner-most soul. Feel free to decide for yourself how cloudy my window glass is.

Can your hands grasp five full-sized liquor bottles?
**Disclaimer: Bottles were found pre-empty and used for target practice in the Nevada desert. (Hi Mom!) The reverse goose wrist. (Hi Alaina!)
What I imagine rigor mortis looks like: The random variations of the claw:






















The nub effect:












One of each!









Too much bendy goin' on:



Too stiff!
Ta-da! Freaky hands deserve a freaky photo finish. Creepy eyes and all.

12 comments:

Colleen said...

"These hands are sexy I know, but they're not yours, they are my own...."

I heart your sexy hands.

Anonymous said...

I always check out your blog and get the biggest kick out of your posts. Thought I'd finally let you know. Thanks for the constant entertainment. Funny. Keep it up.

ju said...

i have a creepy hand...maybe our creepy hands could get together and creep someone out.

stephanielynn said...

Congratulations, Nat! This may be your weirdest post ever! But as usual, I love it!

Alaina said...

What creeps ME out is the fact you put all that time into getting the photo gallery ready. And then the fact that these are real, not-staged photos of your actual hands in every day life.

Maybe this is why I didn't like to hold your hand in childhood family prayers?

NatAttack said...

I know I'm a freak. I can't help it! And now I've given myself a complex. I'll never be good enough!

Anonymous said...

what? no hands on a piano? what's the matter with you? Gena Dastrup was always so GOOD at making you contort your hands into all kinds of seemingly unnatural positions...
kinobud

NatAttack said...

So that's where I can blame this? Piano lessons? Ha! I knew those were good for nothing...!

Rachel Eve said...

yay a blog about the hands! i like it.

my favorite is the random variations of the claw. it looks like your hands are little aliens.

but i love them!

NatAttack said...

Remember when I did your hair for Homecoming and Prom? I forget how creepy they are when I'm doing hair (especially with rubber-bands). Ewwww. I'm starting to disgust myself.

Unknown said...

yes i do remember. i'd say there are some pretty good hands pictures in those hair-doing sessions. they probably should have made this blog!

but you are a very talented stylist.

kendall said...

my favorite picture is of you holding your graduation stuff....that hand actually kind of scares me, like a spider. And to alaina: i like holding Natalie's hands, they make me feel special.

Definitely, maybe, probaby related posts:

If NatA! posted a photo with this blog, here it is!