Friday, March 09, 2007

Sunrise Sunset

This is the view I woke up to this morning.... ... in Connecticut.


Yes, there are sunrises in Massachusetts. But I can't sleep in a house in a room overlooking the Atlantic Ocean in Massachusetts can I?

A very quick, very spontaneous trip to New Haven, CT was thrust upon me last evening at 10:15 PM at our house-hosted Games 'n Goodies night. Nevermind the fact I have to work at 9:30 the next morning, I'm in.
Why'd we go? Brian had to go to his dad's house and pick up the Audi S4 being hand-me-downed. Someone needed to drive his manual car back home the next morning--and I was the only experienced stick driver willing to make the trip.
So Colleen, Jenni, Brian, and I hit the road about 11:00. I'm the shadow on the far right. Proof I was at the creeper gas station/bathroom off the side of the road.
The drive there was probably my favorite part--we created random traditions at random mile posts: "Say something nice about the person sitting counter-clockwise you" at mile 96.4 and "What was your first impression of ______" at mile 44.2.
We stayed up chatting, playing the piano, driving Brian's new Audi at insanely fast speeds on two lane, small town roads, and a host of other "only on road trips when it's way too late" type activities.
5:30 dawned awfully early, but it was worth it to see the sunrise. Yeah that's right, coming from me!--the non-morningest-person in the world--it was awesome to see. In fact I stood outside in sub-freezing temperatures for at least ten minutes taking it all in.
This is what being young is about. And I think Tevya may agree.

6 comments:

Colleen said...

Natalie! I was SO stoked to be able to spend quality time with you. You're the best.

I still cannot believe that I just up and went on that trip. I am insane.

I can't believe the view from the house - amazing.

Not to mention the great view in the driver's seat. Owwww!

Colleen said...

Also - I TOTALLY did Fiddler on the Roof in high school. I was Hodel.

Rachel said...

Beautiful view, fun road trip...I'm totally jealous...but I like sleep more anyway. wink.

Rachel said...

Beautiful view, fun road trip...I'm totally jealous...but I like sleep more anyway. wink.

Anonymous said...

This is what being alive is about...even your mother would agree...kinobud

Sarah said...

Natalie--you're so funny, I love reading your blog. Did you even know I read it?

Definitely, maybe, probaby related posts:

If NatA! posted a photo with this blog, here it is!