Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Uno y Dos y Scissors

Do you know how hard life is without scissors? Someone should find the inventor of scissors and give him a raise.

My iPod finally came in the mail. My second iPod.

For those who haven't heard the sad, sad story; iPod Uno fell out of my pocket in the driveway one day before work. Then the rains came down and the floods came up and iPod Uno died in a shallow watery grave. For sad.

iPod Dos arrived with little fanfare this afternoon courtesy of FedEx. Returning from Subway (it's Turkey Wednesday people!) I was elated to find the brown box on my desk. I set about immediately trying to unearth the Dos.

No scissors to be found.

Tape is strong! I am not!

Nonetheless, weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth ensured my solid victory.

But really, who do you think invented scissors? A strange question I've never thought about before. Guess I'll go do some investigative journalism and report back.

Until then! Pray that Dos lasts longer than the Uno!

5 comments:

ju said...

scissors were most likely invented by early egyptians, however, they were perfected by a dude named Robert Hinchcliffe who was then the first self-proclaimed "fine scissor manufacturer"

now you don't have to do any investigation.

NatAttack said...

PLEASE tell me you knew that off the top of your head.

kendall said...

Sad story as follows:
The last five or six days I have been checking your blog at least two or three times a day to see if you've got a new update yet. Unfortunately, my internet had it stuck on the Babysitters blog a few days ago. Imagine my great happiness to find you had about 13000 new blogs. i love you!

Lady Bills said...

dos means 2 in spanish! just in case anyone was confused.

don't worry... i'm bilingual because of sesame street!

Unknown said...

I have found that a sharp pocket knife is much more usefull/functional than scissors. If you want, i'll send you one for your birthday.

Definitely, maybe, probaby related posts:

If NatA! posted a photo with this blog, here it is!