Wednesday, March 28, 2007

The Tall of It

Last December, my coworker David alerted me to an article about the world's tallest man (7'9") heroically saving two dolphins from choking on plastic by reaching his 41' arm down the dolphian-esophageal passage to remove the obstruction. Speculative instant messaging ensued.


This morning, I receive the following:



David says:
did you hear the news?
David says:
the world's tallest man is getting married
Nat says:
no! OUR world's tallest man?
David says:
yep, the dolphin saver. http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/asiapcf/03/28/china.tall.ap/index.html


[this is where you follow the link, scan the article, and gauge your own reactions]

Nat says:
Wait wait wait.
Nat says:
Marriage advertisements sent around the world?
David says:
yeah, i didn't know he was that desperate.

David says:
especially with half a billion women in his own country.
Nat says:
Wow. What kind of wild news will Tall Man be part of next?
David says:
i know china has been aggressive with its space program. maybe they'll send him to the moon.
David says:
and the olympics will be in beijing next year. maybe he'll be a human torch.
Nat says:
or a pole on which others will vault
David says:
brilliant.


So what do you think? Any obviously snarky comments we've left out of our conversation? I know ya'll have got something to say... I hear it from you all the time. REady... set... snark away!

4 comments:

Carly said...

Just one question: Where in the world was that picture taken? On the wedding night in front of their gigantic bed??! Must. Look. Away.

Unknown said...

I think i finally figured out where you got "snark" from. Thundercats, right? The little rat-dog-animal thing that follows all the Thundercats around and is always screwing things up? It's ok if it's true; Lionel always saves the day anyways, so there's nothing to be ashamed about.

NatAttack said...

I have not now, nor have I ever, even once, contemplated the thought of using a reference to Thundercats. Why? Because I don't even know what TCs are. You or Matt had a shirt, and that's all I ever knew of them. Honey, I come from a family of all girls. I only know My Little Ponys and Popples.

Anonymous said...

Nat, I still have a Popple! seeing that made me so happy. love, heather

Definitely, maybe, probaby related posts:

If NatA! posted a photo with this blog, here it is!