Tuesday, July 17, 2007

You Can't Stop the Beat

Tonight, Kylee and I are seeing a sneak peek showing of the new Hairspray movie. I am literally dying in anticipation.

First off, I love musicals--yall should know this by now. I especially love Hairspray because it brings to mind so many memories of the last year.

The song "You Can't Stop the Beat" immediately brings to mind my Salt Lake girls and my obsession with the show So You Think You Can Dance? Benji and Donyelle danced a Broadway routine that we taped and watched over and over again. And then over.

On the heels of Benji's Season II win, and the "M"'s moving to New York City; we decided to see Hairspray when we visited the city. We bought our tickets, stood in the pouring rain to get in; but not even wet socks and pants could destroy the joy we felt at this fast paced, loud, colorful, soulful musical.

I can't decide who I'm more excited to see in the movie! So many stars! John Travolta, Michelle Phiffer, Queen Latifa, Brittany Snow, Zac Efron, Amanda Bynes, James Maden...

Wow. I'm excited.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

I've never seen hairspray, and I've never cared, but your excitement is so contagious...I think I'll have to see it now.

Erica Layne | Let Why Lead said...

I've never seen it either, but upon your recommendation I quickly hopped online and watched a trailer, and I gotta say—I can't wait to see it now! Seriously, someone should be paying you to make this hype via the blogger-world. Who knows...maybe they are... :)

stephanielynn said...

I'm not seeing a sneak peek, but I am excited to see it when it comes out! I even bought the soundtrack on Saturday to get me prepared:)

MishMyBelle said...

I am so jealous of you! I can't wait to see it. I have been listening to the music lately to get me prepared! Have fun and let me know how it goes!

Minnesota Fan said...

Did you see Conan on Monday night? He did a joke about the tall man-small man summit. I'll paraphrase the punchline: "The world's tallest man said the world's smallest man was...delicious."

Definitely, maybe, probaby related posts:

If NatA! posted a photo with this blog, here it is!