Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Back on the Horse

Is it back on the horse? Or back on the bike? Why are my cliches so fuzzy this morning? Why can't I remember which it is?

But it doesn't really matter, because it's not a horse or a bike I'm back on, but rather: the treadmill. (Argh. Why can't I figure out what it is? Bike or horse? Horse or bike? I haven't had a Diet Coke yet and it's 10AM... this is probably what it is.)

In May I was going to run a half-marathon. 12 days of exhausting plague leading up to the run thwarted that dream. Sad, considering I'm a non-runner and had worked myself from 3 to 10 miles. (10 is as far as I got.) If you're particularly bored on this Tuesday, you can read the recaps of when I hit seven, eight, nine, and ten miles. (Seven is still one of my most viewed blogs behind Top Model)

So, I'm back in business. I gave up running the last three months but have decided to complete a half marathon. A few of us are going to run in Hartford, CT on October 13 (anyone is welcome to join). 10 weeks and change until the the half. No more failed attempts, I need to check this off my list.

I went to my new gym last night--and it's a five-step upgrade from Gold's. (Not too hard to beat.) Each cardio machine has a personal flat screen TV in front of it with full cable. My treadmill also had to little fans built into the front panel. Towel service... sauna... when did my life get so posh?

Wow. I can't remember the last time I wrote as boring a post.

Horse or bike? Bike or horse?

10 comments:

stephanielynn said...

My first thought was horse...but then as I continued to read your back and forth I got confused too! I think I'm sticking with horse...

Erica Layne | Let Why Lead said...

Our gym is a posh too--they call it a boutique gym, don't ask me why. Because we don't have a TV at our place, I seriously go to the gym so I can watch Oprah, Friends, etc. It's a great motivator! So my advice is...get rid of your TV, and you'll live in the gym! haha

Rachel Eve said...

Natalie, I think its impossible for you to be boring.

Good job running! I want to be a member of a posh gym! You are lucky.

I say horse!

NatAttack said...

I think I've figured it out. Is it "back in the saddle?"

But I swear... I still think I'm on to something with the bike. Maybe I'm just blending cliches.

Alaina said...

You never forget how to ride a bike.

and you're supposed to get right back on that horse (back in the saddle is correct.)

ju said...

it's a wagon.

NatAttack said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHH! You're SO RIGHT!

Back on the wagon! Genius.

I'm glad I could try to help confuse so many of you. Fun game.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on getting back into fitness!

Sanyo massage chairs

ju said...

who the H is "Sanyo Massage Chairs"?

maWeesa said...

OH.. I WANT TO RUN WITH YOU... but i'm sure with you working out at such a posh gym you'd leave me in the dust... look at you livin' the high life while some of us are in major debt and unemployed...

Definitely, maybe, probaby related posts:

If NatA! posted a photo with this blog, here it is!