Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Ash and smoke

I like to believe that when I truly set my mind to something, I can accomplish it. The summer I lost almost 30 pounds, the running of the 6k, the donut fast for employment.

Will power, with the proper motivation, is completely within my grasp.

I'd like to formally announce my bid for the "We'll see if she's really got it" Will Power 2007 award. I've committed to running a half-marathon on May 12 with the group in my ward. Many of you will remember the fact that I hate running, and never considered myself a runner. I still don't--but maybe my desire to complete a half is me trying to prove I can do anything--even if I mostly hate it.

Is that self-deprecation at its finest? Doing something to spite yourself?

Annnnnnnnd... to make the row that much harder to hoe, I'm going to give up donuts for lent. Will my life be worth living the next three months? Only time will tell...

Regardless of the pain and "I do not want to go to the gym" attitude I'm sure to have, I'm actually quite excited.

What are you self-inflicting that's making your life hard but stretching your limits?

7 comments:

Unknown said...

530AM, 5 days a week.

MishMyBelle said...

Nat I am impressed! That will be awesome to run a half marathon. I am not drinking soda until the cruise. Living here, I have picked up drinking soda a lot more than I used to...so hopefully I stick to it!

NatAttack said...

CRUISE!? THis is new information to ME.... I want to hear the details girl!

stephanielynn said...

I try not to push myself to achieve anything. I go for the "sell yourself short" tactic and then I'm sure to be impressed with whatever I accomplish:)

MJ (aka J.Botz) said...

Hey "nat attack"....just saying I do enjoy what I have read of your blog so far. I just stumbeled upon it when i Google'd the term, "Stay gold Ponyboy." Kepp up the good work.

Colleen said...

i am giving up dieting for lent.

i realized i feel like shiz about myself.

YESSSSSSSSSSssss

i'll eat all your donuts.

Lauren said...

Natalie! i am so excited! i am actually running in the 1/2 also. i did it last year and it was my first one too. totally DO-able! it is so interesting, there are a lot of people that are doing lent. my lent is to give up 'hanging out' with boys. hahahaahaha! if you knew me more you would understand! haha! it was so nice to meet you the other night. more fun times to be had.

Definitely, maybe, probaby related posts:

If NatA! posted a photo with this blog, here it is!