Friday, February 09, 2007

In Celebration

My world has not stopped celebrating since I found employment. Por ejemplo:

1. I burned through a solid chunk of my anytime minutes telling my mom, dad, sister, grandma, aunt, and anyone else who wanted to listen about the good news. You'd think I was Italian with all this familial involvement.

2. My roommate Cheryl and her fiancee William took me to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner last night. There, I overindulged on Diet Cherry Coke, Chicken somethingorother, potatoes, broccoli, and a ginormous piece of carrot cake to go.

3. Celebration commenced at the house where Marie, Preston, Kylee, Tim, and Jared had just arrived. We decided to watch a movie.

4. Spontaneous dancing ensued after the movie. (I guess it was Step Up! so what can you expect?)

5. Arriving home at 1AM, I decided to give one of my besties Stephanie a call. Somehow we filled 2.5 hours of conversation. I guess that shouldn't be so surprising since I used to talk to that girl an hour or more at work everyday.

6. THEN, (I know this is super exciting people, control your enthusiasm), I had to finish the book I was reading Judge and Jury by James Patterson. It's fantastic! And super scary to be reading about an Italian mobster on the loose at 5AM.

By the time I was done, the time was 6:04AM EST. The neighbor's car was on warming up, Cheryl was waking up to go to the gym, and the sky was getting light. No regrets from me though, proving I could spend my last free "I should have a job and be going there in the morning, gosh it's too late" night guilty-free.

My eyes opened at 12:17 PM EST and I celebrated by eating the giant piece of carrot cake and having a Diet Pepsi. In fact, I'm quite ready for another. Think I'll grab my next book and plop back into my bed while it's warm.

1 comment:

stephanielynn said...

We had a lot to catch up on! It feels like you've been gone forever:)

Definitely, maybe, probaby related posts:

If NatA! posted a photo with this blog, here it is!